三十六

|

.‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36 |
˚₊‧

"Delicious!"

Rengoku shouted, finishing one of the many bentos he had ordered, the attendees quickly rushed to get a trash bag for all the empty boxes that lay about.

"Oh...we're back..." Y/n looked up from the book that Akaza had previously gifted her, finding it quite compelling she had read almost through the whole book over the week she and Rengoku had been traveling, "Bummer, I wonder when this demon is going to show up."

Rengoku hummed in agreement as he stuffed his mouth, but quickly perked up again when recognized three familiar faces board the train.

"Y/n!" A familiar shout bellowed through the train cart as a flash of yellow was seen approaching the beckoned woman.

"Oh, Zenitsu," a small smile spread upon her lips, looking at the boy who crushed her in a seemingly—very—emotional hug, "You three look healthier than ever."

Hardly containing their excitement, all three took very rushed turns greeting and catching up with the female.

"Inosuke!" She shouted with a gasp, half the boy's body was out the window of the train while the rest of you were busy conversing.

Jumping out of her seat, Y/n rushed to him, pulling him down into her lap with her arms around his waist just before the train passed through a tunnel.

"Inosuke, you could have—!"

"Did you see that Y/n!" He beamed at you shaking your shoulders, paying no attention to the position he was in or Y/n's mother-like scolding. His knees were on either side of her hips as he continued to shake the poor female in excitement, "Isn't so cool, this beast is so amazing!!! I cannot wait to defeat it!"

Stifling a giggle Y/n grinned at the boy matching his energy as she began shaking him back, laughing even harder when he let out a gurgling sound seemingly going limp in her arms from the dizziness.

"Sorry—Sorry," Y/n choked on another laugh placing the boy in the seat next to her He let out a groan, his head falling softly on Y/n's shoulder.

A soft smile etched her lips as she watched the younger boy sneak his hand into the females. Y/n silently watched as she let him intertwine their fingers, earning a satisfied sigh, and seemingly fell asleep shortly after. Not much to Y/n's surprise, they probably had a long journey here, and most definitely wore each other out by just being in each other's presence.

Looking to her left, Y/n was soon quick to realize her three other companions watched the whole childish interaction.

However, she felt no embarrassment, instead sending them a smile and saying, "I'm going to rest now, wake me up once you suspect something, I have a feeling tonight will be an eventful one."

Turning her body back forward, she shimmied a bit in her seat before letting her head rest upon Inosukes who was sound asleep against her shoulder.

Jealous eyes watched but did not act on behalf of their feelings. I mean, it was only a harmless act, was it not?

Rengoku's jaw clenched while keeping his high-energy grin on his face, "Rest well Y/n!"