二十一

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 |
˚₊‧

Philosophy of Emotion.

"What's this for?" You looked from the book and back up to Akaza as he struggled to keep a straight face.

"It's for you."

"A gift?"

"Y-yeah, I guess you could call it that," Akaza tried shrugging his red face off as he turned his head to the side, avoiding the female's confused stare.

"Thank you Akaza," you smiled and wrapped your arms around him, bringing him into a tight hug.

"It's no problem," Akaza stiffened at the feeling of your body pressed up against his. His stomach filled with butterflies, and it was getting harder for him to contain his feelings. He didn't want Douma, or worse Muzan, to see him like this.

"Alright, enough," Douma groaned in annoyance as he separated the two, jealously enveloping the glare he sent Akaza.

"What's wrong? I was just—"

"Yes yes I know," Douma rolled his eyes at how naive you were. Sure, it was an advantage for him, but when you were around others, who knows who could take advantage of that simple trait, "You must be going, am I right?"

"Oh of course," you deadpanned as you remembered what you might deal with when you walked back into Headquarters.

Seeing your hesitation, Douma slide an arm around your waist, pulling you closer as he slightly leaned over to whisper in your ear.

"You could always stay with me, I would treat you well~"

Letting out a light laugh, you playfully pushed the demon away and walked towards the wisteria trees that bordered the area.

"I'm honored, but I have duties I must attend to, as you should as well," your charming smile entranced both the demons as their orbs gleamed with affection,  not going unnoticed, "Well, this is goodbye—"

"No."

You visibly flinched at the difference in the tone of Douma's voice, reminding you of his actions when he came to pick you up.

"I'm sorry?" Your voice was softer as you seemed to grow fearful of your new friend. Akaza noticed and sent a glare towards his higher up, giving a hard smack to the back of his head.

"I—Oh well, I just meant maybe...you know..." Douma nervously chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck, now anxious to say anything in fear of rejection, "What I mean is, I want to see you again."

"I'm sure we'll see each other again soon..." You muttered but your eyes faltered away from Douma and ended up looking at the trees surrounding you three. Douma bit his lip, knowing he had to convince you after his little slip-up, luckily he knew you couldn't say no to those who were in need. And he needed you.

"But I want to see you again soon, I don't wait to ride on the slim chance that I might see you again. That could take weeks, months, even years..."