二十五

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 |
˚₊‧

"There is no need for apologizing."

"But Ubuyashiki, I—"

"You're young Y/n," Ubuyashiki's smile never faded as he imagined the startled female's expression, "Wherever you were, is something you know and you alone. I'm not going to trap you here Y/n. You've been here almost your whole life, you deserve a little adventure. Just maybe, inform someone before you disappear."

"...Yes, Ubuyashiki."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

You knew he didn't blame you, but you still felt that you let him down. You lied to him after all. Well not lied, just didn't tell him the truth.

Why were you being so off lately?

You were changing, and you recognized that. Yet you didn't know if you liked it or not.

Sure, becoming more emotional as a person would help with relationships with people, but would it further you as a pillar?

All you wanted to learn was about people's emotions, not your own.

You'd start becoming emotionally attached, hell you're even friends with demons for fucks sake. What were you doing?

What would Ubuyashiki think if you told him about Douma, Akaza, Daki, and Gyutaro?

God, you might as well be friends with the demon king at this point. It wouldn't even surprise you.

Frustrated, you slammed your hand against one of the doorways you passed through, making your way out of the building, leaving a huge dent.

Looking up, your gaze met that of a tall boy, his hair styled into a mohawk with long strands, no eyebrows, and a mean expression, however, you noticed him quickly flustering as he met eyes with you.

"Who're you?" You asked, in a tone that explained your mood.

"G-Gen'ya Shinazugawa," he cowered in front of the intimidating female. He was sure that you'd chase after him if he ran away so he stood tall in front of you.

"Shinazugawa?" You repeated, your tone lifting as your mood fluctuated, "You're Sanemis sibling?"

"Ah, you know Sanemi?" Gen'ya stated in genuine shock, his previous tension disappearing at the mention of this older brother.

"Yes, we're friends. He actually gave me this haori," Y/n grinned as she ran her hands over the soft fabric.

"He did?!" Gen'ya stated in shock, once again. Sanemi had taken interest in someone? He couldn't even care about his own younger brother. There must have been something special about this girl. Sure she was gorgeous, but she seemed mean, especially after almost destroying the wall. What had even pissed her off?

"Does he not usually do stuff like this?" Y/n furrowed her brows as Gen'ya shook his head frantically, "Huh, that's weird. I thought Sanemi was just a sweetheart. Sure, when I first met him he was kind of an ass, but he made up for it."

"Yeah, I've never even heard of him acting like that, except back when Kanae was around."

"Kanae?"

"You don't know her?" You responded with a shake of your head, "Well she used to be the previous flower hashira and Shinobu and Kanao's older sister."

Y/n's jaw dropped at that. First of all, Shinobu and Kanao were siblings. Second of all, they had an elder sibling that was presumed dead.

"Wow, I never knew. How did you know?"

"Ah well, when Kanae died, Sanemi kind of ranted to me about it, we haven't talked since."

"Did he, like her?" Y/n innocently asked as Gen'ya shrugged.

"He'd never admit it, but yes. Head over heels you could say," Gen'ya stifled a laugh imagining Sanemi in front of Kanae.

"That seems like an interesting topic," you pondered about the white-haired male, noting the conversation topic for future reference, "Are you here to see Ubuyashiki?"

"...yeah," Gen'ya timidly responded, his nerves spiking again as they were off the topic of his brother.

"What for if you don't mind me asking?"

"I just have to discuss with him denouncing myself as Gyomei's tsugoku."

"You're Gyomei's tsugoku?" You spoke in astonishment, "Oh, not that I think you're weak, it's actually quite impressive."

"Uh well, thank you," Gen'ya flushed as he looked down at you, rather looking anywhere but your eyes. How was Sanemi able to keep up with her presence?

"Why are you quitting?"

"...I've found I'm unable to use any breathing techniques," Gen'ya shamefully admitted, clearly embarrassed after the woman gave him the slightest amount of praise.

"And? You're just going to give up?" You scolded, almost in disappointment, making the boy even timider.

"I—"

"You've been given a great opportunity Gen'ya, it would be a waste to throw away all the potential you have," You continued as Gen'ya felt himself flinch at your words, "You've made it this far haven't you? Do you know what I did when I couldn't perform any of the breathing techniques in the books? Hm?"

"I...Uh, well I don't know—"

"I didn't give up Gen'ya. I made my own damn breathe technique," you jammed your finger into his chest as it made him take a step back. 

"B-But, I can't be Gyomei's tsugoku—I'm just not strong enough...I can't do it!" Gen'ya yelled back as his fists clenched, his breathing getting heavier.

"Who the hell is telling you you can't?" You scolded again, keeping your stance, "How dare you to say you can't do it. If you're strong enough to get this far, then you're strong enough to get farther. If you can't do any breathing techniques, master something else—!"

"My, what's all this racket," Ubuyashiki's calm voice entered the twos little argument with his usual smile, causing the both of them to snap their necks towards him, fixing their appearance even though Ubuyashiki wouldn't even be able to tell that they were at each other's throats.

"Ubuyashiki, my apologies," You bowed your head in respect as the older waved it off.

"No worries my child, what's happening?"

"Ubuyashiki sir, I am Gen'ya Shinazugawa, and I'd like to quit being the tsugoku of the stone pillar," Gen'ya also bowed his head but kept his eyes glued on Ubuyashiki since he could feel and see from the corner of his eye you glaring at him.

"Is that so? Could you tell me why the sudden change?"

"Sir, I—"

"Gen'ya believes he would learn more from me, Ubuyashiki."