27: Useless and unworthy

Zheng Chi understand their relationship was just face and nothing else he understands that their was no sense in trying to improve nothing it won't make a difference in their condition.

"I have a guest coming to stay with us" he said

He was caught off guard he tilt his head

"A guest?"

"Yes you won't mind right?"

"I wont mind"

It upset Tang Shen that he didn't even inquire about who this guest was it was as if he barely had any authority in this marriage his wife really infuriated him.

"Is that all?"

"Yes you can leave"

He said nothing but as he was about to pass him he grabbed a hold of his arm then looked at him but the other didn't look at him.

"Tonight no need to visit" the general said

He let go then started to walk not forgetting to add

"Some else will do so hmp"

The general glance back but the person only stand still calm as ever he left the room angered.

What he didn't know was the other had an hurt expression on his face biting on his inner lip the door gently open with a small head peeking out.

"Mother" he said sadly

"Tang Jing" Zheng Chi said gently

"Mother is father angry again"

"No"

"But why are you sad then?"

Even if the general couldn't see through Zheng Chi's calm facade some others can those include his children and unlike the emperor he does show expression the general was just never around to see it.

"Let's go get you prepare you have to return to the academy in 2 days"

Unlike the general the emperor and empress Zheng Chi's cultivation was weak he learned at the academy and not from any spirit masters so he was by far weaker than the general.

In this world strength was everything and those with cultivation like him are considered as trash he was lucky to get 1rst wife society had mock him about his fate but to Ning Yuan and Ning Jie his fate was very unlucky.

The 3 were friends at the academy though they didn't came to cultivate like him they only came to study which Ning jie barely did and cause nothing but mischief making the teachers vomit blood those days made him happy.

The empress was a troublesome fox cub that's what they always said Zheng Chi remember the time the empress had switched all the text books with pornography the teacher had turned red with anger causing his blood pressure to run high and faint if lady Ning Yuan wasn't there who knows what would have happened.

Back then was his happiest moments in his life back then he used to sneak peaks at Tang Shen who was very popular but he never saw him it made him sad but what could he do he was inferior to him.

Zheng Chi was constantly reminded how inferior and unworthy he was to the general Zheng Chi had tried hard to reach a worthy stage of cultivation for him to be worthy of the general but often harm himself and several times he damage his roots almost destroying his roots but Ning Yuan always healed it without faults which was an extremely difficult thing to do yet she done it so easily.

Ning Yuan was loved and was very popular in the academy as well, her cultivation was very unique and powerful it was just that no one notice but he did along with Ning jie but he never paid attention to it but he did Yuan was kind and selfless.

But when the only child of the previous emperor mysteriously returned that's were her walk down the dark path began.

Zheng Chi was useless Yes he was constantly reminded of this from his family and those around him he has no right to reject complain or anything so he never complains or disobeyed his husband he has no right.

*giggled*

Tang Jing looked behind his mother to see his father embracing another woman laughing and giggling.

"F-father!-"

"Tang Jing! ......let's go pack your things"

Tang Shen looked at Zheng Chi his expression still had not changed but Tang Jing was visibly upset.

"Tang Jing this will be my new concubine think of her as your new mother" he smiled

The woman smirked and closed herself up to him, Tang Jing could feel his mother's hand gripping on to him this was too disrespectful.

"Who is my mother not her my mother is infront of me not that thing" he said

"Tang Jing don't talk to her like that do you want to upset me"

Tang Jing clenched his teeth but he swallow his anger for his mother then hold his hand leaving.

"I'm going to pack"