80: The emperor's dayout with Ning Yuan

Currently The emperor was disguised in the market with a young Ning Yuan, earlier today she came to his palace requesting an audience then requested to go shopping for a gift for Ning Jie and being the best friend of Ning jie, who was he to refuse. 

"Now your imperial majesty, the gift must be impressive" she said sternly.

"Mn" he nodded 

"Mind blowing" 

"Mn" he nodded once more 

"World dominating!" She shouts.

"Mn" and again he nods.

Ning Yuan paused and she guessed the emperor was really as dry as a dead tree during a hot day. Maybe because she was used to being around Ning Jie and his cheers were loud but the emperor was like a dead crowd needing a little vigour and cheer. The emperor seemed like a bore she wonders why Ning Jie even stick around him but then again it was one of her brother's specialty to make an opportunity out of anything. 

And so with great consideration and conviction she cheered herself on making a bad thing good or something along those lines. Seeing that they were standing there too long she cleared her throat.

"Ehem, let us begin" 

"Mn" 

"By the way, what do you think we should get first?" She asked

"Mn…" 

"You haven't thought about it? No that won't do your majesty! Once gege figures we are both missing his fox tail tingles and there would be no getting rid of him! How will we buy gifts in peace then?!" She said astonished 

"Mn" he nods closing his eyes 

"You have a plan the do it" 

The emperor snapped his fingers then suddenly a necklace pops out of nowhere and falls in his hand he then offers it to her. 

"Here" 

She accepted it, "what's this? Is it for gege?" 

"No"

"For me?" 

"Mn" he nodded

"Then help me put it on, please?" She asked politely.

The emperor puts the necklace around her neck and nods, she looks at it finding it pretty. 

"Will this help us not be found?"

"Mn" he nods

"Good!" 

She took the emperor's hand leading him around the market for gifts, the emperor wonders if this is what it's like to have a younger sister? He can see why Ning jie goes on about his little sister.

The emperor though grew up with a loving family wasn't well with his peers; he was after all the only human and at any moment could die. Playing with the others was like death to his parents and couldn't blame them cause the first time he played with the many immoral he ended up fell down a steep hill damaging his head and body causing a messed memory and his already paralyzed expression had gotten worse to the point where smiling has proven to be hard even an angry frown he could not do his face was numb.

His parents scolded the children for playing too rough and not wanting to harm him again they said their goodbyes and played elsewhere and Wei Zihao would watch the immortal children play in the heavens as he sat in his lonely room studying. 

Thinking about it, Wei Zihao pats Ning Yuan's head causing her to blush. 

"Good job" 

Ning Yuan didn't understand why she was being complimented but just went with it. Walking through the market they finally bought gifts for Ning Jie when suddenly the mischievous person ran out of nowhere. 

"Hehe, I got it! I'm the champion" 

"Come back here you villain!" 

"No fair! You said of I win I get the money, I won money is mine" 

"You cheated, you cheated" 

"You cheated as well but I cheated better, improve your skills!" Ning Jie laughed 

Ning Jie was dancing through the crowd as if it's were his own background hoping from cart to roof to eventually.

"Aiya, when is brother going to behave" 

The emperor simply looked at the surroundings that seems like it was fun, as he guessed there was never a dull moment when he was around. Even it it were a split second it made the emperor sometime thing if maybe he had try a little mischief when he was young would he be like Ning Jie. Who seemed so free in spirit? 

His eyes dimmed thinking on it but eventually his sadness didn't reflect Ning Yuan held his hand gently. "Your imperial majesty? I don't know why but you seem sad just now are you okay?" 

Ever since she started cultivating Ning Yuan felt like she could feel people's negative emotions and it made her felt strange like she wanted to harvest them for herself. The emperor shook his head. 

"Fine" 

Ning Yuan nods, "how about we eat at Gege's favorite restaurant I'm sure you love it there after all I do too and even father and mother" she smiled. 

The emperor nods approvingly eventually following Ning Yuan..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ning Jie met up with his master, he started telling him all about his day. "I heard his majesty and Xiao mei mei which is a strange coincidence that they are both coincidentally missing at the same time" Ning Jie smiled sneakily.

"Jie er you must behave, and have patience" 

"Why should I have patients? Am I a doctor? Do I care for people? I don’t want patients I'm good" Ning Jie grinned spiteful 

His master looked at him blankly, but then smiled. "It's often times the moth flies to the flame not the flame seek out the moth so the moth had no choice but to accept his fate caused by his own recklessness" the master warns .

"Yes, yes! I want to burn the fire is bright, and the only reason the moth flew to the flame because it mistake it for the sun, but it's the sun that I'm chasing not the flame". Ning Jie spoke confidently.

His master only sighed, "Ah, let me give you your gift now" 

Ning jie nods happily, ready to accept it after all his master was fun and tricky.