76; The Emperor's Sneaky Punishment

Ning Jie smiled as he had just sneaked into the palace to see the emperor, after all he became the emperor's friend plus the times were pretty boring.

He was almost caught by the palace guard but thanks to his swift and expertise stealth courtesy goes to his master, he was able to get past the guards A-okay.

He snuck into the throne room but he wasn't there, he then hid and listened to the servants who whispered about the emperor's whereabouts. When Ning Jie heard he was giving out punishments he got excited as he heard that the emperor gave out the most vilest punishment that makes you wish for death.

So he snuck to the garden to find the emperor, many guards had already seen him for they received orders from An Yuan the emperor's voice to let the little fox be as he was favored by the emperor.

Ning Jie smiled mischievously seeing the emperor with some random nobles kowtowing before him, Ning Jie smirked curiously but the emperor turned in his direction. "Come"

Ning Jie was taken aback when the emperor turned to him and spoke. Not willing to hide, he stepped out smiling when the emperor made hand gestures for the servants to bring the snacks. He took one of the flower cakes, then gently placed it into Ning Jie's hand.

"Eat"

He pats Ning Jie's head, who in return smiles blushing as he stares at the emperor's stoic expressionless face. He really doesn't make any sort of expression so it was hard to know what was going on inside his mind. The emperor then turned to Ning Jie lashes fluttering and simply asked coldly "what?"

"Ah! The emperor has not eaten yet"

"You should eat....."

"The emperor should eat as well this one wants the emperor to stay healthy" Ning Jie smiled

The emperor looked at Ning Jie for some time. At that moment, as the wind blew, all sounds cast out. The emperor slowly turned and took a flower cake as well.

"Your imperial majesty please have mercy!"

Ning Jie looked at the people kowtowing, he then quickly sneaked over to the emperor. "Your imperial majesty, why are they being punished?" He asked

"An Yuan"

An Yuan cleared his throat then spoke, "they are criminals who are being punished for heinous crimes"

"Such as?"

An Yuan chuckled, "such as things that shouldn't be mentioned murder, embezzlement etc"

Not caring for the minor details Ning jie went back to the side of the emperor, "so what type of punishments are you going to give them? Lashes? Severed limbs"

"Not quite" the emperor then took out a colorless marble, "too freckle"

"Ooohhh, your going make them swallow marble"

"Will die too quickly" the emperor said slowly

An Yuan was surprised the emperor didn't like saying two words much less the constant answering of pestering questions.

The emperor then threw the marble into the pond then pointed at it.

"His imperial majesty wants you to find his marble then you shall be free" An Yuan said casually

"That's all?" One person said

"Yes but if you ever try to leave without it you die a painful death, also the marble will only save one life" An Yuan said showing his index finger

The servants without a moment's hesitation jumped into the pond for it, the emperor snapped his fingers and an array surrounded the lake.

"Your imperial majesty isn't that a bit too easy" Ning Jie pouts disappointed

The emperor Pat's his head once more, "patients" he then turned to An Yuan and nods

"Release the fishes" An Yuan yelled

The servants came with a large bucket then poured it into the pond, some wild vicious fishes swam quickly into the pond.

The first man the fish bit was terrified. He jumped out the pond screaming in pain and all the others screamed and tried to fight underwater, Ning Jie smiled watching them scream and hop around like headless pheasants.

"Your imperial majesty!" A man yelled banging against the array walls

"Find then marble and you will survive" An Yuan said coldly

The man panicked as one of the wild fishes jumped at him, biting his face off. Ning Jie only chewed the flower cake before turning to the emperor.

"But what if one actually found the marble?" Ning Jie questions

The emperor suddenly took his hand out of his sleeves. He took Ning Jie's hand and opened his palm, "this?"

Ning Jie was now looking at the colorless marble with wide eyes. Then he turned to the emperor "your imperial majesty, your very sneaky"

A/n

Been years.....

How do you like their interaction?