91: Impulsive Desires

Ning Yuan looks at her brother happily as he displays his finger to her. On his face was the excitement of a child receiving his long awaited praise, on his hand was a beautiful carved ring and on the top was the empress emblem.

"His Imperial Majesty proposed," she said.

"Of course! About time! And it matches the whip!"

Ning Yuan's eyes were dull, void of emotion despite the blissful smile on her face. She wishes she was Ning Jie, the child everyone loves and adores. There is such deep jealousy in her heart and it pains her. This her brother after all look at his face the love and admiration for his imperial majesty is so pure and here she was scheming against him, if she goes on with this plan that would mean...

"Gege..."

"Mei Mei! When I become an empress I'll make sure you get a great husband and no one takes advantage of you!" He said, pinching her cheek, "You're so kind I worry about what will happen in the future when I'm not there!"

Ning Yuan looks at him as if something pokes her heart strings, as if could hear her own voice in the back of her mind.

"He's looking down on us, he thinks little of us"

"No, he is my brother he'd never..."

"You don't believe that! Look at him bragging, he is gonna be an empress? He stole the emperor. Think about it. He is a male imitation as well as female. What is he?"

"He is my brother,"

"Yes he is, every trouble he caused we had to pay the price, every mistake he made we had to fix it, yet he got all the attention, praises and cheers while we stayed in the shadows and the one thing we ask for is taken from us! That is our brother!"

Ning Yuan grits her teeth then looks up aggressively to see no one, Ning Jie is gone. All that was in front of her was a giant white coated wolf with slightly blue highlights. Huffing at her she could feel its fluffy fur between her fingers. As it opens its eyes Ning Yuan is reminded of the golden brown pupils of Ning Jie and in a moment of resentment she grips into it causing the dog to whimper.

It raises as Ning Yuan then grabs her hairpin and stabs it into its neck, it growls out in pain she smiles feeling the exhilaration from ending it, from wiping that stupid smile from Ning Jie's face. But hearing the last breath she snapped out of it.

"Feng!"

She was startled by the blood on her hands, "Feng! I'm sorry, please wake up!"

"Master! Um, there is a way to just wait!"

She ran and picked up the pipa, then started to play. Soon she feels something engulf her as if controlling her she begins to strum the pipa soon a beautiful yet ominous harmony begins to play and a red aura engulfs her.

Not long after Feng begins to raise and gently opens his eyes, but there was something different about his eyes. Ning Yuan didn't know what but she feels it, but within herself she also feels something. Something good, something euphoric.

She was changing, she knows that but she didn't want to fight it after all, it's quite nice.

Ning Jie smiles, as he slowly hides from the emperor who was discussing matters with his father.

"Your imperial majesty, are you sure about this? Jie Er is young and immature to make him empress..."

The marquis was not sure how to say it, "that position is not for such an impulsive person."

The emperor tilts his head, "You... don't have faith in your son."

The marquis paused, "no! It's not that?"