85; If I Don't Find One I Can Marry You

Ning Jie smiles as he sees his sister and the emperor in the yard enjoying tea. 

"Your imperial majesty what do you think" 

"Hmm… savoury" 

"Yep! I blend two most common herbs to make a smooth and savoury flavour" 

"Good Meimei," 

Ning Jie snuck around to avoid being seen, then in the last moment hugged the emperor around the neck from behind. Ning Yuan was startled.

"Gege where did you come from?" She asks.

"Jie Er was here," the emperor said, gently patting the back of Ning Jie's hand with care. 

Seeing this Ning Yuan felt this unknown sting in her chest.

"Why are you never startled? I was super sneaky and quiet" Ning Jie pouts.

"Jie Er is strange," the emperor said. 

"You didn't answer the question, but whatever." 

Ning Jie lets go of him then walks around and sits in the emperor's lap and picks up his tea. 

"Gege your too daring!" Ning Yuan yelps.

"No worries, I'm just sitting no big deal um.. pour me some more tea" Ning Jie dares.

"That's the emperor's cup!" She exclaimed.

"What does it matter? It's a cup either way?" 

"Gege…" 

The emperor pats Ning Jie's head, "Jie Er, no you need a husband" the emperor said.

"Hm, you think I won't find a husband? If I don't find one I can marry you or better yet I'll marry you so best treat me right, okay?" Ning Jie smiles. 

The emperor gently strokes his hair, "fine, but you must search for a husband" the emperor said. 

Though he was only humouring Ning Jie. Ning Jie heart flutters, "Don't worry I already have one in mind" 

The emperor was a bit taken aback, "who?" 

The emperor wonders if it's someone at the academy. He also wonders if that person is worthy of his friend's feelings? He wonders if that person can handle Ning Jie as he was very wild in spirit. 

"You figure it out, dummy" Ning Jie blushes as he takes the cup of tea and drinks. "Oh, it's cold" 

"Well obviously, you were busy flirting with the emperor…." 

"Oh, little Meimei is jealous! No worries Meimei, you'll find love soon! Who knows he could be anywhere close" Ning Jie cheers.

Ning Yuan holds her head down blushing as she sneaks a peek at the emperor who offered snacks to Ning Jie. She wonders if she were her Gege would the emperor treat her that way?

Later the emperor was walking in the open yard, looking around as he paused at the cherry blossom treat. Usually Ning jie would be up there planning something mischievous but the branches where so empty he wonders what's it like being so free spirited. 

"Your imperial majesty!" 

Ning Jie hugs him from behind the emperor then realises something recently, Jie Er has been more frequently intimate with the way he touches him. Maybe he was just imagining it. 

Soon Ning Jie grins goofily at him confusing the emperor but moments later the little thieving fox ran off with a pendant in his hand. 

"I'll be taking this!" He sticks out his tongue 

"Mischievous little fox" 

The emperor chases after Ning jie who was already jumping from tree to tree. The wind gushes through their clothes as their hair flutters through the cool breeze, Ning Jie's spring filled laughter echoes into the sky. 

Ning Jie didn't know where he was going but he was going somewhere and it was second later he had a misstep and fell.

"Ah!" 

Alarmed, the emperor quickly jumps to catch him in a split second as they both fall down into a spring of water.

"Ha ha haha!" Ning Jie wipes his face, removing his hair. Seeing the emperor do the same he pushes the emperor back into the water.

"Jie Er," the emperor said softly. 

Ning Jie pauses and blushes upon seeing the emperor's beauty beyond the moonlight, truly a beautiful man. Ning Jie sneaks up to the emperor who looks at him who was smiling innocently.

"What are you up to?" He asks, suspiciously.

"Your imperial majesty is beautiful" 

The emperor was taken aback but said, "Jie er, you are for more beautiful" 

He removes a lock of his hair from his face looking into Ning Jie clear eyes. Ning Jie smiles at the emperor's gesture, was he getting closer to the emperor?

"Your imperial majesty, if you make comments like that I'd take it as you trying to court me. Do you want to court me?" Ning Jie teases. 

The emperor pauses then looks away, there was a slight tinge of red at the tip of his ear. He tried to wring his clothes as he walked out trying to rid himself of this embarrassing feeling. Ning Jie was confused at first but smiled that the emperor didn't reject him at least. 

The emperor takes off his robe and lays it on the ground and pats beside him as he sits on it, Ning Jie smiles sitting beside him.

Ning Jie sighs then rests his head into the lap of the emperor, the emperor looks down at Ning jie and brushes his hair as the other male closes his eyes in his lap.

Wei Zhao for the longest time never felt real to people, in the heavens even though his parents spoil him with love and people adore him he knows it's not meant for him. And when returning to the earthly realm to the former emperor but he too was not waiting for him but the son Wei Zemin, not him.

Nobody is waiting or looking for Wei Zhao, he looks down at Ning jie. Maybe he was. Wei Zhao closed his eyes for a moment while taking a rest, feeling blissful in the moment. 

Before both of them know it, another year has passed and Ning Jie has now graduated from the academy. 

"Yes!" 

"It's a mystery you've graduated with how your performances are!" Madam Ning scolds him, but smiles and gently caresses his cheek then kisses it, "but I'm proud of you".

Ning Jie smiles happily at his mother, her face is always so mean and stiff but she really is pretty when she smiles. "You should smile more there'd be less wrinkles on your face!" 

She took the fan and hit him in the back of his head, "be careful of how you talk to me, I can still send you back to where you came".

Madam Ning turns to Ning Yuan with a brilliant smile, "child don't be like your foolish brother, grow brilliant and bright".

Ning Jie was ready to complain until he saw the emperor at a distance, he grins then runs towards him with a great big hug. 

"Your imperial majesty!"