92; Arrogance Of The Emperor

Ning Jie who was blissfully on his bed trying to sleep so the days can come quickly, his marriage to his imperial majesty is coming. 

Though he didn't get to see him these past few days since his father was strict on him he doesn't mind. Soon he can call himself the wife of the emperor and they shall be together, he wants to live happy lives with the emperor together. He sits up a bit looking at the ring smiling. His heart flutters; he loves him, he really does. 

Exhausted from all this excitement he soon falls asleep.

The emperor sirs awake looking at the red robes in his arms, he wishes his parents could see this grand day coming but due to complications they can't come. Also dragons aren't very fond of humans even he faces the prejudice from them once in a while, it had stopped after that last incident.

Zihao is happy, he can live the few moments left as himself with Ning Jie before parting with this world…

“Jie'er I wish you know, how thankful I am to meet you.” 

An Yuan walks inside with a tray containing tea and food. “You've been up so late your majesty, you should eat something.” 

The emperor looks at him, An Yuan was a simple imperial guard chosen by his parents to accompany him on this journey. But they have become so casual with each other over the years that Zihao has become accustomed to his careless behavior and he thinks An Yuan thinks the same.

“An Yuan,” 

“Yes, your Imperial Majesty?” He inquires pouring tea for them both.

“Thank you,”

“Hm?” An Yuan was confused 

“For the journey,” the Emperor gently rests his robes down carefully, slowly picking up tea as he sips it.

An Yuan smiles it seems the kid is finally growing up, it's been a precious journey for them both. As he could see the cold prince is quite warm, he sips his tea.

Within the secret hideout Ning Yuan and her master was finish with their drug, the master looks at it with a sense of nostalgia it's been so many years. The world has changed vastly since then.

“Master,” 

“Yes?” He answers with a gentle smile.

“Could you tell, the story of the emperor?” Ning Yuan asks curiously.

“Ning Yuan, have ever heard the story of the heavenly emperor dragon LongWei Zihao?” 

Ning Yuan tilts her head, “well brother told many stories of the heavenly emperor.” 

The master smiles as his eyes darkens. “There was an Emperor in the known as Longwei Zihao, he was arrogant I hated him than anything.” He clench with hatred.

“Hm, master?” 

“Bai Feng Ge the first cultivator and lover of a dragon has two disciples the eldest disciple didn't like the heavens, they were always looking down on us humans as if not worth more than ants the eldest disciple saw this but the younger didn't, like his master he was no more than a puppy to the heavens always wagging its tale to emperor.

But how could blame a fool in front of a pretty face? 

The eldest disciple always focus on growing stronger in case the heavens grows bored and decided to be rid of us, while the younger focus on playing. 

Especially with the emperor.

Everyday the eldest would warn the youngest about the emperor but he'd not listen.

“The emperor is fun, don't worry” he'd say over again.

The eldest was the only one who saw it, saw the heavens for who they were. Saw the emperor for who he is! So one day he confronted the emperor about his younger brother and what did the emperor do? Laugh in his face saying.

“Haha, humans they could do nothing in the face of lust, such pitiful and helpless creatures”.

He mocked the eldest disciple and to teach the arrogant dragon a lesson, that he is no more or no lesser that the humans he so arrogantly looks down on. He made a potion with the blood of an imperial dragon, essence of desire and the rare heavenly flower. 

But how to get it to him, he had the younger deliver it to him and told him to return quickly. But the eldest underestimated the younger.” 

Ning Yuan looks in his master's eyes and saw a glint of sadness in his eyes, it gave a sense of pain.

“The younger was brutally raped to death to by the dragon emperor, amidst many heavenly beings. They survived, but youngest did not dying ever so miserable. The dragon emperor blamed the Bai Feng Ge for not controlling his disciple resulting in the punishment of both, Bai Feng Ge going in seclusion for 10 years and the eldest stripped of his cultivation core.

Bai Feng Ge did not even defend him, he even thanked them parting abandoning him saying.

“If that's what you do with this gift clearly you don't need it, let this be a lesson and pray you don't make the same mistake in your next life.” 

He sided with them as his disciple suffered his core ripped away from him and cast away!”

Ning Yuan heart aches, it's truly sad. “The eldest?” 

“He got revenge, well it's not completed at least.” 

Ning Yuan sighs, “I think he and the emperor loved the younger.” She said.

“The emperor?” 

“Well, yeah how else the eldest know that the emperor would accept it from the younger?” She smiles sadly, “but I think eldest was blinded by jealousy to see that because he love him too.” 

The master froze as if come to terms with something then sealed his lips with a smile. 

“Yuan, thank you. You're a kind child.” 

Yuan blush she smiles, “I..I guess” 

“Okay, let's get ready you have a big day coming soon.” 

Ning Yuan nods, her heart feels hesitant but also excited. Soon everything will different and her life is moving forward.

The master looks at the potion bottle he hasn't use this since the death of his fellow brother, he thought he wouldn't but here he is. He will bring the heavens down.