81: "Your face is stiff But Your actually Funny"

"Your imperial majesty! Look here" 

The emperor paused, then slightly turned his head when Ning Jie popped a small white lion cub with white shiny wings and put it towards the emperor's face. 

"A pussycat?" The emperor said numbly

Ning Jie's expression went blank, "not a cat! It's a heavenly lion cub" 

The cat was ready to hiss at the emperor but seeing the unmoved expression and the very much dangerous look in his eye the lion cub let out a "meow~".

Ning Jie looked down at him, "huh? Why would you do that? Talk like you did to prove to his majesty you're not a cat!" Ning Jie commands 

An Yuan chuckled, "young one, you won't be able to. He seem not very daring like his master" 

Well if An Yuan was being fair he wouldn't either. The emperor had a dangerous look in his eyes that's not easy to look past, and he was merely a palace guard so he wasn't fierce like the Ancestrals and imperials so he wasn't much to begin with.

"If so he is indeed a cowardly cat" Ning Jie mumbled

The emperor nods, he puts his hand on the head of Xixi, patting him gently. "Good kitty, good kitty" 

"Does his imperial majesty like cats?" Ning Jie grinned 

"They make good gloves" 

Xixi sweats as his lifespan shortens from the fear of becoming accessories for this terrifying human, why did they bring him here? 

"You're very scared you know that your majesty?"

"Hmm?" 

The emperor tilted his head confused, was it because of his face? He put his two indexes at the corner of his lips then began to force his lips to carve up into a smile. 

Ning Jie who was confused at first burst out in laughter, the emperor was really strange too strange. He then dropped and Xixi fell backwards and laughed hysterically, the emperor sat there then released his hand looking at it confused. 

"Your Majesty is very funny, you know that! Your face is as stiff as a dead man but you're actually very funny!"

The emperor's brow furrowed, Ning Jie was making fun of him; he will never try it again. 

Ning Jie smiled as the laugh settled and the fluttering feeling in his chest made him feel a sort of calm he never understood, this memory would be engraved in his mind for as long as he could remember.

After returning home Ning Jie went to his sister room, but he paused when he Ning Yuan cultivating and so he closed back the door deciding to do some himself not realising that there was a man on the roof on the other side looking down at them, the man subconsciously smiled as an initial thought came to mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Another two years passed and Ning Jie was now seventeen, and he has not changed a bit.

"You villain! You will Meet your match some day, remember that!" His father yelled at the top of lungs.

Ning Jie grinned, "I've already did, in fact I will conquer him soon with your approval" Ning Jie said 

"What? Who" the emperor looked at him suspiciously 

"His imperial majesty, can I be permitted to marry him dad?" Ning Jie grinned 

"Even if I disapprove you'll still go behind my back, you don't listen to me" he scolded.

"You said I should follow my spirit and listen to the goodness in my heart, and both leads to his imperial majesty" 

"Jie'er, that man doesn't love you" he sighed holding his head

"Yes but it doesn't mean he cannot," 

"Jie his majesty is a eunuch, your life will be miserable. He doesn't communicate his feelings properly and it can lead to terrible misunderstandings don't set yourself up for trouble" 

"It's not that bad father! Plus aren't you afraid of cursing the emperor? Careful you might get executed soon" Ning Jie hopped off the tree then headed strangely for his sister's room.

Ning Yuan who was cultivating, heard this small whisper, she cannot completely distinguish it but she believes it said stop and regret. 

But soon the voice was choked and another voice spoke clearly, it was similar to his imperial majesty's which she liked well. There was even that oh so similar pat on the head she received one. 

"You're doing well Yuanyuan," the voice whispered in her ear.

She blushed as she saw the face peaked at her, moving closer. She then shook away the image. How could she?! Her brother liked his majesty; it was apparent even if the emperor didn't feel the same. 

"Mei Mei!" 

She flinched as Ning Jie opened the doors. She quickly fixed her composure then smiled.

"Welcome brother!"