88; Supression of One's Desires

Ning Jie, whose head rests gently upon the emperor's chest, starts to feel sleepy, blinking slowly. He likes this high quality wine. There was just something about it, from its aroma to the savoury taste that lights up his tongue and creates a fire in his heart. Feeling at rest he gently closes his eyes, falling asleep, the emperor rests his head on the top of Ning Jie's head and takes a small rest… 

Later the emperor returns a resting Ning Jie home to his bed chambers, just as he was about to leave Ning Jie holds him.

"Hey… sleep with me," he gently said.

The emperor knowing that Ning Jie meant to him shakes his head in either way he would not agree. 

"Unless, married or family it's not allowed" he spoke. 

"Tehee, but we'll marry in the future." 

"Still… no" 

Ning Jie frowns at his stubbornness but then smiles, "Hmm, fine. But stay until I'm in a deep sleep." 

The emperor nods as he sits and watches Ning Jie until he falls into deep sleep, the emperor touches the emblem on his forehead longingly. After he returns to Tian he'll go into seclusion for the last time as Wei Zhao and come out as Longwei Zhao the person everyone is longing for. 

It's no secret that everyone in Tian love is nor for him the human Wei Zhao but the entity inside him the one whom he shares a soul with Longwei Zhao, and knowing some day he will disappear and no longer be there he went to the earthly realm. He didn't know what he was looking for but he came here and found Ning Jie, caressing face and brushing away his hair. Wei Zhao then made a vow.

"I Wei Zhao shall give myself to you and only you, you shall be my first and last love on this earthly". 

Soon a golden wristband with chains attached itself to the emperor as his eyes glowed, and there was a slight ache in his chest as if someone grasped it. Leaving the room he took one last glance before disappearing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The master smiles as he watches in the lake,"how romantic, to think the great Longwei Zhao could be affectionate to a mere mortal is beyond me" 

"Master?" 

"Nothing, I'm just staring down amusingly. Haha, has my disciple returned home safely?" 

"Yes, though there is something off about the mother" 

The master stared at the servant then back in the water, "do I always have to spell it out? Fine, that is not Madame Ning. Heh, she is dead and cannot be resurrected though it was an alteration in my plans it still works out in my favour, better even" 

"Mm?" 

"You know being a dark arts cultivator comes at a price, it heightens the negative emotions within someone you have to have absolute control over one's self. Ning Yuan is someone who will never confront her dark nature so for her the darkness will grow to corrupt her nature, just like today the will to suppress the desire and it will spiral into something uncontrollable." He said.

"So initially it was her own desire to kill her mother?" 

"You could say that, maybe just a small thought, not much but the end result is this. But now that the true cultivation begins I wonder how will Ning Yuan move forward with her puppet mom? Hehehe" 

.

.

.

.

.

With time the love between Ning Jie and the emperor grew strongly as the mischievous ger teases the emperor greatly. Ning Yuan smiles as she looks at the paper of the emperor painting; she touches her lips then smiles. 

"What could that ever be your imperial  majesty? Hehe" 

"Little Yuanyuan" 

He raises the paper to show her, she smiles gently at the painting mostly at the beautiful image of her sitting on the veranda as the sunlight shone on her while she plays the pipa. She had bunny ears which made her look cute and funny. Her heart flutters. Did she really look so beautiful in the emperor's eyes? 

Soon Ning Jie and An Yuan walked in the yard and from a distance Ning Jie could already see the painting and ran up to it and took it from Ning Yuan. "Aiya, ayia! What is this?!" 

He points at cute fox version of himself sneaky behind the bush, "I the great and powerful Ning Jie will not take this insult" 

Ning Yuan didn't appreciate the painting being snatched from her, she was just vasing in her moments and just like Ning Jie took it away. 

Ning Jie bites her bottom lip, but then suppresses her desire. She didn't want a repeat of what happened with her her mother after all everyone found it strange when her mother had started doing stuff out of character, her mother is a naturally grumpy woman who always has good intentions but she seems more gentier now. Her master said it's a side effect from the resurrection and there is no need to worry but while that is one problem there is a another more pending issue… her bloodlust.

"Meimei! Here you go" 

She snaps out her thoughts as she looks at the painting. "Huh? It belongs to his imperial majesty" 

"Keep it" the emperor said looking at Ning Jie.

"O-Okay, thank you," she blushes softly. 

She wonders when will those long gaze look in her direction and just as she thought about it his pupils turns to her, she was taken aback at first but seeing those jewel like eyes beneath the lashes she can't help but be lost I'm them. 

"Ning Yuan" 

"Ning Yuan" 

"MEIMEI!!" 

Ning Yuan snaps out of it then taps the table with the cup. "The tea is cold, An Yuan more tea" 

"I am not your servant" An Yuan glares at him 

"Yuan" the emperor said.

"As you wish," An Yuan said formally.

Ning Jie and An Yuan stick out there tongue at each as he side glances at Ning Yuan. 

A/n

How are you understanding the back story so for?