Chapter 7

Feeling at ease, now that she wasn't in a race to beat Ian home, Rowan finally allowed herself to visually partake in the contenders, finding herself drawn to one of them like a moth to a flame. In fact, when her eyes honed in on his torso wild horses couldn't have torn her gaze away.

The ultimate fighter standing in the cage before her had a commanding ring presence, and he promised to dominate his opponent. His body captivated her like no other man's had. Tall and thick with muscles yet he moved like a cat, so stealth and fluid. She had never seen a man that size move with such grace and agility.

Shockingly, she found herself enthralled with this man...compelled to speak to him, to rake her fingertips over the tattoos covering his skin.

What the hell was happening to her tonight? No man had ever demanded her attention in this way, and he didn't even appear to be trying. In fact, she was pretty sure he hadn't even noticed her. Aw hell, she was desperate for some physical contact after that little interlude with Ian back at her place and the alcohol was clearly exacerbating the issue.

Entranced, she watched him land blow after blow, showing no mercy towards his opponent. Normally, this kind of violence would turn her stomach sour, but it wasn't. She was completely engrossed in his display of power. Truth be told, that was what was so attractive to her. He wasn't an illusion of power. He was the epitome of physical strength, control, and domination.

The fighter continued his brutal assault on the unworthy opponent and after beating him to within an inch of his life, he stood tall. As he scanned the audience the fighter flinched as though something had caught his attention. He immediately began visually re-tracing his steps before he slowly lifted his eyes to Rowan.

His grin was telling.

While locked in his gaze, Rowan noticed that his almond shaped irises flickered from dark brown to golden and then back again. It happened so quickly she doubted if she'd even really seen it. She had been drinking.

Her intrigue sparked internal dialoguing. What his lips would feel like? Or his hands as they roved down her back over her ass and down her thighs? This wasn't just an attraction, this was lust. Rationalizing the events of the evening was proving difficult as there were just too many things she couldn't explain. Why was her skin suddenly so sensitive? Why were her senses peaked? And ...why in the hell was she jonesin' to get this guy in the sack?

The referee raised the fighter's hand high into the air, recognizing him as the winner of the match, but the male's predatorial eyes never left Rowan's face. He had noticed her... and he was feeling something towards her as well. His eyes were exponentially more primal than anything she'd ever seen before. She could feel his dominance drawing her in...and she had to admit for the first time in her life she was excited about the possibilities of what might happen with a commanding man like him. Handcuffs came to mind. Shit! What the hell was she thinking?

Karita, Maeve and Raine quieted, simultaneously taking in the scene that was slowly unfolding between this fighter and Rowan. Raine had a bad feeling.

"Well, this ultimate fighting is really barbaric." Maeve looked to the other two. There was a predetermined objective for the evening, and it did not involve Rowan leaving with this man.

Rowan knew there was more going on here than what they'd told her. She could sense the peculiar connection between the three of them. It was stronger than just friendship. There was an alliance of some kind.

Maeve pressed when Rowan didn't respond, "Why don't we go down to that nice little restaurant on the corner and talk? Much more civilized." She gave a hesitant smile and nodded towards the door.