Chapter 64

Maitland was furious,"Mother fucker was gonna push her through, so she bailed. Kester, I warned you about this. You knew how she felt. Why was she forced?"

Kester couldn't afford to lose Maitland over this, "I didn't know they were going to force her through Maitland."

"Well, we couldn't afford to leave her behind, now, could we?" Deisha was irate at Rowan's last minute decision to bail at the entrance of her portal. "How the hell did she do that? No one's supposed to be able to sift in or out of the compound. Olian's spell should have prevented that.

"Yeah, well, looks like Olian and I need to have a little talk." Kester wanted to know exactly what had gone wrong with his protection spell over the compound.

"We couldn't sift in and obviously Declan and his vampires couldn't either. Has she ever done that before tonight?"

"She's done it a couple times." Branigan moved closer to stand beside Kester in support of his alpha.

"Tearlach, where would she have gone?" Kester was hoping he would have an idea of where to start looking.

"Like I would know. Why don't you just ask Deisha to contact her vampire?" His voice was sarcastic and condescending.

"The plan was for all of us to be here. There was no time for a contingency plan wolf. And, we can't talk between realms, so somebody has to go back to make contact." Deisha couldn't believe she'd been so close to protecting Rowan, and somehow, she'd just slipped right through her fingers.

"I'll go." Maitland offered without hesitation. "Re-open the portal. Send me to Tahnee's. She's been there before might be a good place to start."

"Can't let you go alone." Tearlach stepped up. Truth was he wanted to find her because as much he wanted to forget all about her, he just couldn't. He tried to stay away from her and look where that had gotten him. He was miserable and irritable without her, and she had an eternity to forgive him. She couldn't be that stubborn. Could she?

"It doesn't work like that. Open secluded spaces work the best. Let's just wait, Ian knows how to open the portal. Give it some time and we'll know exactly where they are." Deisha couldn't let them risk their lives running around Earth trying to find Rowan when chances were, if they just waited, they would see there was nothing to worry about.

Deisha had a telepathic connection with Ian, though it was strained between the realms, which prevented them from actually speaking. Deisha reached out to Ian with her mind, attempting to feel where he might be going.

"Time? She's got no fucking time. She needs us." Maitland was about two seconds away from ripping Deisha's heart right out of her chest.

"Just give me a minute." She could sense a foreboding darkness approaching and ocean waves crashing into rocks. He was taking her to his training facility that lay hidden somewhere amongst the steep, uninhabitable cliffs along the Pacific coastline of western Oregon. She had never been there. He hadn't allowed it, but he had told her about it. He'd said it was too dangerous for her there- too much unnecessary risk involved.

Even if she couldn't speak with him, she knew him well enough to know his plan. Ian was going to keep Rowan there until she listened, until she learned what it meant to be in this world. When Rowan left his place she would either be grateful for his efforts or vengeful for the harm that had been done to her there, but either way she'd have a few valuable assets she didn't have now- knowledge and experience. Deisha knew they were out of options. Ian was doing what he felt was right, but forcing Rowan's hand was a dangerous move.

"You better be seeing something you can share sorceress." Tearlach's words were a warning.

"He's taking her somewhere where he can teach her what she needs to know to survive." Her eyes opened.