Chapter 12

Greer placed Rowan, unconscious, in the back seat. Laying her across it, he guided her head to rest in his lap. Whatever she was dreaming about was making her smile, which gave him pause. What the hell could make her smile after what had just happened to her? He looked to Karita, "The wound?"

She pushed Rowan's shirt back, "Look. It's healing quickly...just a red line from her abdomen to her hip. It's remarkable really, never seen anyone this new into their transition heal this fast." Karita looked to Greer.

"Well, she isn't a human transitioning. She's one of us." Greer looked more closely at Rowan while she slept.

Raine started the engine, "Yeah, well, I hope her brain's as quick on the uptake with the training as her body is with the healing or she's gonna be toast. She didn't even sense Seb was a panther. She went right with him."

"Or maybe she did sense something was off, just didn't know what it was. Remember, Raine, she hasn't been around our kind. Believing that someone could be a panther falls a little outside of the realm of possibility in the human world. Don't you think?" Greer gazed down at Rowan. Her smooth, alabaster skin against the contrasting dark hair, cascading wildly all around her beautiful face, and down his thighs made him wonder, for just a moment. What would it be like to kiss her? What would her lips feel like against his? How would they taste?

Something was happening. He hadn't even noticed her back at their facility, but now he was attracted to her. However, that dog couldn't hunt because Riat would have his balls if he dared to touch his daughter. Yet, somehow, regardless of all that, he couldn't take his eyes from her radiant glow.

Maeve liked Greer even if he was a little machismo, "That's a good point Greer. So, how do we go about this crash course in paranormality and her ahhhh...family situation?" She tried to get settled and comfortable in the back amongst all of their supplies. It was gonna be a long ride.

Greer watched the steady rise and fall of Rowan's chest, "We'll have to see how she reacts when she wakes up." His hand moved to her head, thumb slowly caressing the delicate skin on her forehead. "Will she be the kind of girl who needs to process a little bit at a time?...Or a pull up your boot straps and get down to it kind of girl?"

"Hundred bucks says bootstraps. You know who she comes from!" Raine laughed from the driver's seat.

"You're on..." Greer smiled back. She might share DNA with some extremely tough lore, but despite her antagonizing comments to him, she looked completely shell shocked back at the medical facility. He had her number. She was a girl who would need it spoon fed...baby steps.

Rowan turned on her side in her sleep. Now her full lips rested just centimeters from his abdomen and her hand was nestled under her chin...her warm palm laying on his thigh.

He could feel the warmth of her breath every time she exhaled. Her skin was so very pale and coupled with her light sprinkling of freckles it made him think about her youth and innocence.

His eyes widened and his mouth practically fell open when her hair started changing right in front of him. The infusion of red was stunning to say the least. Staring down at her it dawned on him that he was watching Olian's dampening spell being snuffed out like a candle.

Red hair had always been a good predictor of a fiery personality but the problem with that was two fold. First, fiery personalities meant trouble...at every turn. Second, it was an attractant to others...especially the Lycans and Demons.

Greer had no idea how strong she would be after the transition. No one did, but if the prophecy was accurate she would definitely be a force to reckoned with. But, it was nearly impossible for him to imagine that right now- seeing her like this.