Chapter 79

Maitland's phone finally rang sending a wave of goose bumps over Rowan's skin, still wet from walking out into the ocean.

"Branigan?" Maitland hadn't talked with him enough to recognize his number.

"What's up?" Branigan was surprised to find out Maitland needed him. Maitland never needed anyone.

"You know where Cahal is?" Maitland stared at Rowan. Once he made the phone call and she started dealing with him he couldn't protect her.

"You're gonna use a tracker?" Branigan's voice deepened, no longer as lighthearted about the road the conversation was going down.

"No. Rowan's gonna use a tracker." He nodded at her. It was important she believed she could go toe to toe with this man.

"Maitland, I don't think..."

Rowan grabbed the phone, "Branigan, tell me where to find him because I don't care what anybody thinks right now. This is my show. Where is Cahal?" The sound of her voice still surprised her. She was determined and scared at the same time, but she wouldn't let her hands shake or her iron will crumble.

"Give the phone to Maitland."

"Here." Rowan handed his phone back to him with her eyebrows raised in question.

"I have his number. We got drunk clubbing with the ladies one night. I'll text it to you when we're done. Maitland, he's a big bastard."

"She'll be fine. I'm hangin' up now. Send me that number." Maitland hung up and waited. When Branigan's text came through he dialed the number.