Chapter 72

Cuan's people sensed the lycans as they approached, but something else was approaching behind them. Something that did pose a threat. Cuan didn't take kindly to threats, so he stationed people around the perimeter to keep an eye on the activity around the outskirts of the compound.

Cuan, Callum and Greer greeted Tearlach and Maitland as they approached the house. The motorcycles slowed to a stop just in front of the house. Tearlach nodded to Cuan out of respect. After two days of riding, he couldn't wait to get off this damn machine and find something to eat.

He waited for them to cut the engines, "Tearlach. Maitland. Hear you're looking for someone." Cuan motioned for them to come up to the house.

"You know a guy named Ian, runs with Deisha?" Maitland got straight to business, avoiding the formalities of polite conversation as well.

"I do." Cuan's eyes lifted to the drive as a silver F150 pulled up behind them. Boone's boys moved fast.

"Expecting company?" Tearlach was already on edge. He knew they were being pursued by the vampire hunting party, but he wasn't sure who this was.

"Yeah, these are Boone's boys." He pointed as they exited the truck.

The triplets nodded in unison as though being controlled by a puppeteer.

After Dorian surveyed the compound he turned to the truck and nodded for Antaine to get out. Antaine didn't know what was happening, he just knew they had to be careful, and they were taking him to his mom.

"Go in the house now." Dorian took his guardian job very seriously. "Is she here yet?"

"Not yet. Come on in. Sounds like we have some business to discuss." Cuan stepped into the foyer.

"Is who here, yet?" Maitland wanted information, not ambiguity.

"Please come inside." Cuan led the group into an oversized sitting room that was completely empty save the couches and chairs. "Antaine? If you walk just down the hall there's a game room. You can play whatever you like while we talk..okay?"

"Wow, this is so cool Uncle Dorian. Wanna play?"

"Not now, Antaine. Why don't you go get things set up. Remember what I told you?"

"Yes. Don't leave with anybody and holler if someone approaches me that I don't know. Deisha will be here to take me to my mom soon, right?"

"Yep, run along, but don't go far." Dorian liked Antaine. The kid was perfect for a babsittin' gig...attentive listener and smart, but even more importantly, he did what he was told.

They watched him leave the room, but waited for him to be out of earshot before they opened the floor for discussion. Cuan got the ball rolling, "Deisha's on her way."

"Why?" Maitland wasn't going anywhere with her and he'd made that clear. If she thought a little extra muscle behind her words would convince him otherwise, she was severely underestimating his strength and his eagerness to pound people into the ground.

"To transport Antaine off this realm. He's in danger. Anyone looking for Rowan could try to use him as bait to draw her out. Once she gets him off realm, that issue doesn't exist for us."

"Why are you here?" Tearlach stared at the triplets. He knew exactly who they were. They were exceptional sorcerers individually, but together they were damn near unbeatable. Things were heating up if they were gettin' involved.

"We're here to guard you wolf." Silas was glad for the assignment because sitting around with Antaine was gettin' old. At least this provided a possible opportunity for a little vamp ass kickin'.