Chapter 8

As Rowan headed to the front entrance, another one of her massive headaches surged like a freight train. Feeling it running from posterior to anterior she became violently sick to her stomach. She had never been sick a day in her life, until these goddamned headaches started. She was sure she was going to...yep, vomit! She turned back, hightailing it to the bathroom where she proceeded to purge all the contents of her stomach into the porcelain god. Martinis were sweet and deliciously cool going down, but warm and nasty as hell comin' back up.

After puking, she felt fine. Could it be nerves? Could her decision to go home with a man like Seb have brought on a psycho somatic response? She stopped herself right there. She wasn't going to over analyze this because seriously, if that was the case, she was disturbed. It was sex, nothing more. Of course, what did she know? Ye of no experience...at all. Maybe that was causing the anxiety?

She decided it must have been the drinks because she didn't indulge that often. It dulled the senses and made the mind weak. Alcohol made people do things they wouldn't normally do, like right now for instance. She was a control freak normally, but tonight, tonight she was going home with a powerhouse of a man regardless of the fact that her mind was screaming at her to duck out before he saw her. She was going to loosen the reigns on herself...live a little.

As she headed back to the sink for another touch up, Rowan stopped dead in her tracks. 'Did Karita say panthers? Panthers are dangerous?' She splashed cool water on her cheeks and neck. 'Damn, I did have too much to drink. I should eat something.'

As she touched herself up again, she engaged in a little mental pep talk. It was her final attempt at self-reassurance. Her mind and body were in a tug of war with logical thinking on one side and physical fulfillment on the other, which was different for her. They were usually on the same side because all of her decisions, until tonight, were based on logical reasoning.

Tonight, her body had hijacked a portion of her brain and it was trying to convince her that leaving with Seb was what she wanted to do- what she needed to do. And in the end it won out. She gave her mind a rest and indulged her body. She wanted to spend the night with Seb.

After rinsing her mouth out with water she popped in some gum and headed for the front entrance. Her brain was trying to intercede by reminding her how foolish this was, but as she rounded a corner she knew it was too late. He was already there waiting for her, and he was a striking vision to behold.

She'd never seen a more dangerous looking man than Seb. His tight fitting black t-shirt hugged every rippling muscle of his torso and all she wanted to do was rip it from his chest with her teeth! His jeans fit snugly around all the important parts, framing a perfectly formed ass and incredibly muscular thighs.

She wanted to wrap her legs around him for a very long time. Shit! What was she thinking? She'd never had such obscene, provocative thoughts before, she sounded like some raunchy porno, but that's how she felt.

He winked lasciviously, "You look a little peaked love. Shall we eat?"

His accent was thicker...heavier now. South African perhaps? His accent coupled with the promise of masculinity delivered hanging in the air between them pushed her right over the edge. As she approached she felt her body warming and was afraid she would blush under his intense stare, but she wouldn't look away. She only had eyes for him. He reached for her hand and led them out of the building.

His hand was warm, too warm. It brought her out of her naughty reverie, "That's a great idea. What do you like?" She kept her distance as much as possible, holding his hand might prove dangerous enough. Getting too close to him would only speed up the night's activities, and she didn't want her first time to be in some dirty, public, back alley.