Chapter 73

Dugald had been successful. Their surprise raid had gone just as planned thanks to Skylar's inside knowledge of the facility and their plans. Of course now they had no insider, which meant no intel.

"Why did you grab her?" Dugald hated baggage, especially dangerous baggage like Raine. The girl was more trouble than he'd signed on for.

Skylar knocked her out during the transport. Her limp form dangled in his large arms. "Look at her. She's fuckin' beautiful man. Been a long time since I've been with a fighter." He gazed down at her tanned skin, anxious to peel the clothes off and peruse the toned body beneath. He'd seen her with Dorian play sparring once. It was actually foreplay, and everyone watching knew it. Abhorring that she'd been fated to be with Dorian, he saw his chance to make her see that she had other options.

"Focus Skylar, we talk to Declan first. She wasn't part of the plan." Dugald wasn't fucking this up, maybe Declan would give him more for her. She was Rowan's friend. He laid the unconscious boy down on the floor at his feet. He had to knock him out during transport as well to prevent him from being injured while resisting. Declan had been very clear that they weren't to harm him.

Skylar sat down laying Raine across his lap. Her warm skin against his stirred up images of them together in his mind. He watched Dugald call Declan anxious to see if he would get to keep his loot.

"I have something you want vampire." Dugald was gloating over his success.

"You found her?" Declan was surprised at that, his vampires had come up empty handed.

"Not exactly. We found her nephew and her friend. We have them both."

"Her nephew?" He realized this might be a way of luring Rowan to him considering none of his people had been able to locate her. Antaine was all she had left. This was even better. Now, Rowan would come to him and he would use Antaine to get what he really wanted from her. Rowan had stormed into his office to find Lileas. She would definitely come for Antaine. For the first time in days he smiled.

"Yep and her friend- Raine." Dugald had to sell the friend. He wanted to get as much as he could for this package deal.

"Not interested in the friend Dugald, but I will pay you handsomely for the boy." Declan tapped his desk top wondering how much this would cost him. Not that it mattered, Rowan would do more than just thank him for saving Antaine. She would be relieved that he was safe, and if he was lucky, maybe she would see that there was good in him, too.

"I want ten million." Dugald decided to start the bidding high so that he was sure to get what he was truly after.

"I don't think so demon. I'll give you two." Declan didn't like being blackmailed.

"Do you want your bride to come running to you in appreciation for saving her nephew...or to come at you like she did with Dermid? Intent on severing your head for getting him killed?" Dugald respected Declan, but not enough to throw this money away.

"Are you threatening me demon?" His fingers curled around the phone.

"No, I'm threatening the boy." Dugald winked at Skylar.

"Fine, five million." Declan despised negotiating with people like Dugald, but he was out of options.

"Five it is then...where?" Dugald lit up a cigar. He'd gotten exactly what he wanted.

"Bring him to Fire and Ice, immediately." Declan hung up the phone.

Dugald placed his phone on the table and smiled at Skylar. "Five million! We split it fifty fifty brother."

"Fair enough." Skylar responded without taking his eyes off her. "What did he say about her?"

"You get to keep her...spoils of war!" Dugald laughed at that.