Chapter 27

Rowan, having eaten, decided to look around the cabin for something to do or read to occupy herself, until Cuan was ready to start. One thing she missed more than anything was reading. She loved putting on her comfy clothes, sitting down with her hazelnut latte and enjoying her paranormal novels.

Of course, she was living it now so the escape they provided for her before was non existent. The pj's Maeve packed for her definitely cleared her of having any prior knowledge of where Cuan had planned on taking her. She packed a thin, white v-neck t-shirt and boyfriend undies..no pants? Seriously? She needed to start asking more questions- and packing her own shit.

The cabin was balmy from the fire Cuan got going, so at least she was comfortable now. There was literally nothing for her to do inside and when the furious wood chopping ceased. She walked to the window to check things out. Cuan was on the phone with someone, but he was turned away from the cabin. What? Did he think she could read lips? Or maybe he thought she had supersonic hearing?

She decided it was the perfect time to start working on her weakness...with Maeve's new gift. Sure she was taking a risk, but sometimes risks paid off. If she could get a handle on this little problem of hers then these men would have absolutely no hold over her...and that would be a game changer.

Rowan reached into the bag and found her new best friend. Reclining back on the bed she was determined to solve her own problems in this department. When she placed the powerful little vibrator on her panties, just over her clitoris she could not believe the immediate surge of satisfaction that washed over her. She just needed a couple minutes to ease some tension.

Growing wet, she pressed the powerful little vibrator into herself..."mmmm finally." She closed her eyes as she pushed her hips upward against the invaluable little device. Maybe Raine was right, men were nice to look at, and they served a purpose, but when the chips were down, you didn't need a man to have an orgasm. But, as she neared her climax only one image came to her mind- Ian's face. So she allowed herself to indulge in the facade of being with him...just this once.

She arched her back upwards as she silently pleaded for release. Needing to hurry because Cuan could come in at any moment, she so didn't need that right now. Her body still remembered the feel of Ian against her that night at her door, the most amazing warmth filled her abdomen and pushed its way out."Yesssss!" She uttered through clenched teeth as she tossed her head on the pillow. She promised herself that that was the first of many orgasms to come before she pushed on, greedy for a second.

Cuan heard a low humming coming from the cabin while he spoke with Riat who reported that Dermid's location had not been determined. Munroe wouldn't talk, but was still being held until Cuan could finish interrogating him.

As the conversation continued, Cuan heard moans? Her moans were coming from inside the cabin. Cuan's heart raced, his blood pumped faster through his veins racing straight for his cock. Cuan struggled to focus. Riat's words fell to the way side in lieu of her exquisite little murmurs. Cuan hung up with him, promising to call once they got settled in.

Silently climbing the steps to the door he carefully approached the small window. His legs stiffened beneath him when he saw her body arched up under the thin white sheet. Her skin was flushed. She was close. Her moans infused his need to respond to her. He watched her eyes close as she bit down on her lower lip and then finally, 'Yesss,' hissed through parted, wet lips.

Anger coursed through him. He reached for the door, opening it slowly, wanting to see her reaction to his voyeurism. He slammed the door behind him, alarming her to his presence.

They stared at each other for a brief second before Rowan leaned back into her pillows. She didn't give two shits that he'd heard her. At almost thirty, she'd just had her first orgasm, and sure as shit some things were gonna be changing...and she definitely had some making up to do. The dampening spell she'd been under had clearly worked across all domains. She was resenting this Olian, and his fucking spell, more every day.

Cuan couldn't believe his eyes. She was obviously feeling better. He walked over to her, reached under the sheet and ripped the vibrator from her clenched fingers. He launched it into the wall, watching as it shattered to pieces.

"You mother fucker! I need that!" Standing, she slapped him across the face so hard he went down to one knee.

He held in his anger, speaking through clenched teeth. "I see you're feeling better."

"I can't believe you just did that. I needed that, Cuan." She walked over to the wall, kneeling down to see if anything could be salvaged.

He stood slowly, his eyes ablaze. Crossing the room he pulled her up to him, "If you need release, ask me. Just ask me." His eyes darted back and forth between hers trying to get a read on her. He knew it was exactly what she needed, but he also knew she'd never ask him, not after he'd left her cold back at Callum's. Once bitten twice shy...

WTF? He had brass cajones! She held his gaze "I..don't.. want... you. God, you narcissistic egocentric prick!" She gasped as she pulled away from him before she tried to sift away. But, she couldn't, something was blocking her. She moved away from him to sit on the sofa. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks. She was trapped here with him. There was a reason she couldn't sift from here, and he planned this! That was the reason he'd brought her here...no escape.

Before her mind spun out of control she reminded herself of one thing. He could do whatever he wanted, but he couldn't make her do anything. Silence was so underrated. She just wouldn't engage with him.

Well, hearing her say the words actually brought him down a notch, but he wouldn't let her know it. "You may not want me, but you need me." He stood before her as if waiting for her to retaliate, his attention remaining fixed on her.

Not giving him the satisfaction, she held his eyes as she grabbed her iPhone and headphones out of her bag. She put the headphones in her ears as she retreated backwards to the bed. She snuggled down into the blankets, turned on one of her personalized Pandora radio stations for a little country music. Jason Aldean's 'Take a Little Ride' came on. She closed her eyes knowing this was going to be hell on Earth. Her music was all she had.

Listening to Jason's voice soothed her. It made her think of Ian and their rides home together after difficult cases when he'd held her hand. Remembering how he looked, his scent and the sound of his concerned voice that night in the hospital only filled her with more regrets now, because she would never know what his body would feel like against hers. A tear slipped from the corner of her eye.

It seemed she was destined for disappointment at every turn.