Chapter 35

It was three o'clock in the afternoon when Rowan finally rolled outta bed. She made her way into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Searching through all the cupboards she finally came to the conclusion that this wolf didn't drink coffee, which was unacceptable on so many levels.

She talked to herself to stave off the lonely creepy vibe she was getting being in his place alone. "No coffee? Seriously? It's gonna be a bad day. Better start lookin' for the Advil now."

She didn't dare venture out for the coffee. She had no idea where she was, but they'd taken his motorcycle to the club last night so she wasn't far from Declan's club. She needed some information on this Declan vampire before any of his people recognized her. Knowing more about the man she was getting ready to deal with was essential.

She spent the day on-line trying to find as much information on Declan as she could. Tearlach had a ton of equipment...more than she needed or could ever have hoped to be able to operate. Technologically challenged was her self-diagnosis. She was pretty sure she emitted a pheromone that prohibited the functioning of computer or technological items within a ten foot radius of her.

She could operate e-mail and internet, so she started with that. Checking her personal e-mail proved to be detrimental to her emotional well being because there was absolutely nothing from Ian. She didn't know why she kept hoping to see something...anything, from him. It was like he fell off the face of the earth...no calls, no e-mails. She hoped these people hadn't somehow gotten to him.

She sent him an e-mail regarding her disappearance that evening saying that she was sick and her leaving was an emergency, but when she hit send she received an immediate notice that the address no longer existed. She was starting to worry about him. He hadn't even tried to contact her, but maybe he realized how close he was to crossing a professional line? His job was everything to him...all he had really. And his team depended on him to do the right thing, so maybe he'd cut all ties and left?

She'd found out quite a bit about Declan McGinty, a self-made billionaire. He owned various kinds of clubs all over the world...Sydney, London, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, but he also owned several small clubs in Ireland, specifically in Dublin. There were pictures of him everywhere, and always with an entourage of men. Unlike most wealthy celebrities, he didn't go through women like water. Of course, these pictures were a compilation of the last ten years. According to Raine, Declan was a thousand years old.

Finding herself more and more interested in this vampire as she perused the information, she lost track of time. When her stomach growled, she decided it was time for dinner, however, looking at the clock she realized dinner was hell and gone. It was ten o'clock in the evening. She hadn't even noticed the time passing and with no windows, she didn't see the sky darkening. Shit, she had to get ready and get the hell out of Tearlach's place before he got back.

She forgot about eating and rushed through her shower. She took her time with her hair and make-up, for some reason she wanted to impress this Declan McGinty. Finally, when she could think of nothing else to touch up, she stood in front of the full length mirror in the bathroom and geared herself up for round two.

She left Cloak and Dagger, Declan's club, twenty-four hours ago with Tearlach, and she was going right back there. She didn't need luck to find Declan tonight because he had everyone looking for her, but she sensed she may need a little to get away from him.

Standing there in front of the floor to ceiling mirror taking in her reflection, she wondered if she was stalling. Was she a little afraid to venture out alone? To be close to Declan? She'd consciously left her hair down, wildly cascading over her pale shoulders and down her back. So, hell, no she wasn't afraid, although she thought a smarter woman would have been.