Chapter 60

"Where the hell did she go this time?" Tearlach was fuming mad.

"Who knows, woman needs a little time with a man though. Her body was screaming for it. Never felt anything like that before." Sawney couldn't believe she'd gotten to him, too.

"Me neither. It hit all of us. What the hell was that?" Cuan looked around the room at his brothers.

"I don't know. I got nothing over here." Kester was the only one whom she had no physical effect on. He was also the only one who was happily mated.

"Damn girl is dangerous T. You better keep that one on a short leash." Branigan frequented both reputable and questionable establishments, and he had never in his days felt anything like her.

"Something tells me she isn't mine to leash. It's like ropin' the wind fellas, and I'm tired of trying." Tearlach walked out of the room.

Maitland didn't know what to think. He was feeling a pull to her like he'd never felt before with anyone. It wasn't anything he'd even heard of, but it had affected him, too. "Did you feel that pull?"

They stared at each other, looking around the room bewildered by what had just transpired. "No female has pull on a wolf, save his mate. Something is definitely different about Rowan." Mil shook his head trying to shake off the effects of whatever that was.

"Same goes for demons. No woman has pull on us. I've never felt anything like that man. What the hell was that?" Cuan stared at Callum as though he would have an answer.

"Fuck, if I know." Callum stood up.

Kester's phone rang, "Raine? What? What are you saying? No, he's gone. Neilina? Rowan's gonna do what? Damn it." He hung up the phone immediately.

Kester ran out of the room catching Tearlach on the stairs, "She went after Neilina, T."

The rest of the guys followed Kester out into the hallway to hear what was happening.

Tearlach paused on the steps, "Let me know how that turns out. I'm tired of chasing her. If she wants something from me, she's gonna have to come get it." He continued on to the kitchen to make himself a snack, at least that would leave him satisfied.

"T, Neilina is a mean wolf, and she's your mate, which makes her even more dangerous. Rowan needs you out there." Kester couldn't believe Tearlach was gonna let Rowan go it alone.

"I'm not so sure, Kester. My money's on her." Maitland stood behind him with his arms across his chest taking in the conversation. Tearlach was proving to be a world class fuck up all over again. When it came to Rowan, he just couldn't get his shit together- or he wasn't willing to put in the hours. Either way, he was a total dimwit when it came to her. Maitland just couldn't understand it. Rowan seemed like a pretty straight forward female to him. "Let's check the cameras. See if she's on the grounds before we all go ape shit."

They headed into the surveillance room, all except Tearlach. Fitz sat behind the desk and began searching the grounds for her.

"There she is in the clearing." Mil pointed to one of the monitors.

Rowan stood in all black against a moon lit sky, fiery red hair blowing wildly around her alabaster face. Her eyes were the real show stopper though, vividly bright against a night sky. She was ready for a fight.

"Girl has some major rage issues. Look at her." Sawney had to admit that while he didn't fear her, he had a very healthy respect for her and what she might be able to do. He recognized that her powers were hell and gone from where they were when she arrived here. After all, she'd killed Dermid without even blinking.