Chapter 69

Deisha knew Rowan was safe with Ian, but Tearlach and Maitland were wild cards. And after seeing Rowan with Maitland, it was abundantly clear that he would never abandon his search for Rowan, so it was only a matter of time before the shit hit the fan.

An internal struggle played out in her mind. She couldn't help them find her, but the thought of them out there, just the two of them against Declan, Vertigen, and Scanlan was unsettling. If it all came to a head, they stood no chance. Although, there was a matter of more personal importance to her. Rowan would never forgive her for not protecting them. She needed to call her younger brother.

With one foot in the realm she'd created for the lycans and the other on Earth, she straddled the realms. So little separated them really. She didn't even need to be fully in or out of the other, she could operate at full capacity in both realms like this, but not for long. She dialed quickly.

Boone knew who it was when he heard his phone ring. When Deisha's back was against a wall she would always call him first, he'd been her most trusted ally. He couldn't wrap his head around what he was sensing, but something big was happening. He answered the phone, "You found her and the pot's definitely been stirred. It feels different here...more power, but there's a big void too."

"Boone, how are you?" Deisha was relieved to hear his voice. They had always been close and Deisha knew if anyone could help her, it would be Boone.

"Something big..isn't it?" Boone knew his sister well. Hearing the new anxiety in her voice was distressing. It took a lot to rattle her chain, but something, or someone, had definitely done just that.

"Oh, I found her, and she's a pistol just like Willa and full of vengeance like Kahler. Rowan refused to cross through my portal with the wolves, and now she's with Ian. She's fine, but Tearlach and Maitland went after her three days ago. I can't stop thinking that they're on their own out there Boone, and everyone's looking for her: Declan, Vertigen and Scanlan."

"Hmmm, not liking those odds." Boone stared at the floor. Kester's pack had historically stayed out of lore business, choosing instead to remain with their own, but it sounded like Kester's wolves could use a little help now.

"Me neither and Rowan will never forgive me if I don't protect them." Deisha watched Kester's lycans outside her window. They were moving about and settling in to this new realm. They had many more amenities here than they had access to at their lycan compound.

"Well, then, sounds like I need to send my boys after em'. They have Antaine, but they could leave him with Cuan's people." Boone immediately started considering other options.

"He won't be safe there and if anything goes wrong, well, let's just say Rowan doesn't need any additional reasons to hate us. I'll meet Antaine at Cuan's and bring him over." Deisha was gonna make this work, she would prove to Rowan that she walked her talk.

"Very well. I'll call Cuan and the boys now. They'll be there as soon as they can."

"Thank you Boone." Deisha's hand rested softly over her heart. Her brother had always been a meritorious man. He'd helped her at every turn. This would be no different.

"Of course, anything for you. Now, don't you worry about anything. It's gonna work out." Boone knew how much this meant to his sister. Searching for Rowan had enveloped her for close to thirty years.

"I love you, Boone. See you soon." Deisha didn't know why she'd been gifted with such a wonderful younger brother, but he had always been the sweetest man she'd ever known.

"Before you know it." He could hear the adoration in her voice. She had doted on him his whole life, and he would never forget the kindnesses she'd shown to him. He hung up the phone and called his sons.