15. Misery

Adi

I know God always makes my life miserable but I  never thought it will be this soon....

I was drawing my Rohan's picture in my note book. I  was drawing it so keenly with every bits of images I have of him. Suddenly my phone rang.

I smiled seeing his name on my mobile screen.  I attended his call happily.

" hey Rohan " I chirped happily.

" umm Adi  ca... can you come to PV hospital " I could feel the strain in his voice.

" what happened why do you sound worried "

" just come " he said cutting the call.

I don't know why my heart felt so weighted.  I  left my drawing as it is and left to the hospital.

I searched him at the reception and was about to call him . I saw him reaching me.

" hey .. what's the matter why did you sound so worried  "  he just shook his head. His eyes were blood shot , like he cried for a long time.

He holded my hand and walked me towards a room . I was getting bad vibes. Though I felt escalated when he holded my hands I cannot help this bad feeling in my heart. I was someone on the strecture covered with white sheet.

Rohan never left my hand. He removed the sheets to reveal the person.

" If this is some kind of  prank or payback then stop it okay. Bhai I'm not falling for your tricks " I said laughing like an idiot though I know whatever I'm seeing infront of my eyes is reality.  But I  wish it's just a dream.

Soon my laughs turned into screams and sobs of pain of losing my bhai who is my world.  How am I  going to survive this loss.

" bhabhi..... bhabhi ...... I need her . Where is she . " I yelled at Rohan. He just pulled me into his chest tightening his hold though I  was wailing to get out of his hold.

I slumped against him crying hard clutching his shirt.

" she is barely alive " he whispered making me wriggle out of him . But he wasn't letting me go.

" bhai ... bhai.. Rohan tell me this just my dream please " I cried harder.

" let it go Adi " he said in a low voice. I cried and fainted on him.

When I woke up he was sitting near me holding my hand.

" let's go Adi . We need to give Advi a funeral " I nodded my head lightly. He held me closer wrapping his hands around my waist and I laid on his chest walking out .

After my bhai's funeral I compelled Rohan to take me to bhabhi. I saw her through the glass door. Seeing her vegitative state made me scared. 

' it's all because of me ' I whispered to myself. I slumped against the wall and let the tears flow out of my eyes.

Days passed into weeks . Weeks passed  into months . But there was no improvement in her state.Rohan on the other side was really tensed about something.

" Ms. Adira can I speak to you for a moment " the doctor asked me .

" sure  doctor"

" we don't have any hope in Ms. Tara's case. Keeping like this would only increase her pain. You can understand what I'm trying to convey Right " I nodded my head.

I know keeping her in ventilator is giving her pain but Rohan never wanted to let her go. Even I asked him to let her which only made him stop talking to me.

I  went to his apartment to meet him personally.  I pressed the bell and he  opened the door.

" what do you want Adi "

" Let her go Rohan. Please don't increase her pain " I  saw rage in his eyes. He slapped me straight across my face. I was totally shocked.

" leave right now " he said raising his voice a bit.

" I  love you and always I will" I said out of blue. I know its not the right kind of situation but I want him to know that.  I left from there. I heard breaking of something inside.  But I left from there to my home. Where I totally alone.

Few months back if someone had told me I would ever lose my whole family I would have laughed at them . But now everything seems unreal. The next morning as usual I went to the hospital to check on bhabhi.

But she not was there on her room.  When I asked the receptionist they said the person named Tara was never admitted in their hospital.  I was going really mad seeing such this happening in my life.

I went back to Rohan's apartment but he wasn't there too. So I went back my home to get his friend's number.

But I was shocked to see bhaiyya and lawyer uncle in the hall. I never informed him about bhai's death. Bhaiyya's face was totally looking painful.  But I hated him.

" uncle " I said in acknowledgement.

" why am I  coming to know about Advi's death through lawyer uncle Adi "

" First of all its Adira ,  Mr. Khurrana.  And I not bound to inform strangers about my bhai's death " I said tears swelling up in my eyes.

" he is here to take you with him beta ( child ) " uncle said.

" who is he " I said nonchalantly

" you guardian . Its in  your father's will that you should be under either one of your brothers guidance" he said . I  heaved in anger.

" what else is in the will " I  asked him closing my eyes.

" you can go abroad for your studies " I thought about it. Rohan vanished after slapping me. I know bhabhi cannot survive.  Anyway I will be left alone and be an outcast. He doesn't even acknowledge my feelings for him. so leaving this place would be better.

" uncle I will go abroad "

" but... " bhaiyya started  but I stopped him showing my hand.

" I  will leave tomorrow uncle get the arrangements done " I said retring to my room.

I  cried lying on the bed thinking about my awful life.