21. pain

Adi :

I  woke up in the morning dreaded. I know this day all year makes me feel like a shit.

Its my Bhai's death anniversary. If it wasn't because of me and my stupid idea my bhai would have been alive today. He would have married bhabhi as he planned and might be having children too.

I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes.

" I'm sorry Bhai.  I hope one day you will forgive me " I said looking at his picture.  I kissed on it.

I went down to see everyone looking very happy. It makes me feel more worse. The ringing of my phone broke my thoughts. Its was Rohan calling me.

" Adi .. you good "

" yeah " I said sitting on the chair near by

" you know right I'm here for you . You can come to me whenever you need " I closed my eyes and hummed.

We both stayed silent on the call.
" its okay I'm fine. I  will meet you later " I said cutting the call.

I saw everyone looking at me intently.  But I ignored their looks. I just want to stay alone this day or maybe with Rohan so that I won't feel more dreaded.

" Akka you know this is Mom's favorite food . She makes this on special occasions " Arun said showing me the food.

It triggered my old memories. It was my Bhai's favorite too. He loved it a lot. It reminded me how I killed my own brother.  I threw the food away from the table. I holded my head on my hand pulling my hair to reduce my pain in my heart.

" Adira " Vedik uncle yelled making me more agitated and angered. I threw whatever I got in my hand.

I went inside my room and closed it. I broke each and everything in the room. I tore away the curtains and vases. Soon black dots formed in my eyes and I don't remember anything else...

3rd person pov :

Everyone got scared seeing Adira behaving like a manic. They could hear her screaming and breaking of everything in the room. But all of a sudden everything stopped making them scared. In the ficaso Arun called Aman to come back home as soon as possible.

" Arun what the hell is happening here " Aman said looking at the condition of his home. Arun explained him everything happened before his arrival.

" Adi open the door " Aman knocked the door loudly. But there was no response from her which scared him.

Arun and Aman broke the door to see the unconscious Adi lying on the floor among the disastered room.

Aman picked up Adi and took her to his room while Arun called the doctor.  The doctor and checked on her.

" doctor what is wrong with my sister " Aman asked impatiently.

"I'm thinking she is having some kind of mental breakdown.  So please try to keep her out of more stress " Aman nodded his head at the doctor.

But he was wondering what was wrong in his sister's that is causing her this much of pain. He got his answer when he went back to his wife Tara, who was once his twins girlfriend.

He never knew it was Advi's death anniversary.  He checked upon Adi through his mom in the evening.  But he was shocked to know that at night  she had left the home and never came back.

He calmed himself thinking she needed time and he can confront her tomorrow  ....