ɢᴏᴅ ᴛʀɪᴀʟs : ᴅᴇᴍᴇᴛᴇʀ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  infuation↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  TVD_Lover1999

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  TVD_Lover1999

First Light :: 10.5/20

» Title :: 5/5

Why is the title so important? It represents your book. If you poorly represent, then people won’t be drawn to it, and you could lose potential readers all because the title didn’t stand out. You’re in luck, the title of your story is both unique and catchy. The title goes hand in hand with the blurb and the plot of your book. So you did an amazing job taking that into consideration when choosing your title. It’s also obvious (by the title) that you intended to make this a book series.

» Cover :: 4.5/10

The cover is the first thing that potential readers see when scrolling through Wattpad. A lot of readers are picky, especially when it comes to the cover of the book. If a cover doesn’t meet a certain standard, then readers won’t even bother to look at the blurb. They’ll just move onto the next book.

I love the cream and gold colors that are used. When we think back to Ancient Greece, those colors were very popular,  as well as Gods, idols, and so forth. What I don’t understand though, is why her eyes are also gold. The color looks smeared on there like a yellow powder, making it look very sloppy and amateur. And is she wearing a crown? I can’t even tell. It’s important for the image to be clear on the cover. So that your (potential) readers don’t strain trying to make sense of it.

As for the fonts… you can’t even see the subtitle, not unless you’re looking for one. And the font for your book title is extremely sloppy. I can’t even read the word ‘trials.’ Nor can I see your first name, due to the words overlapping.

The cover itself is eye-catching, but you also have to take into consideration other key elements. I recommend a re-make. I know that the cover wasn't your fault (unless you’re the one who made it) the only good thing about it appears to be the image and palette itself.

» Blurb :: 1/5

The blurb (or description) is the last thing that people see before opening your book, or running away from it in some cases. So it’s important that your blurb contains a hook and intrigues your readers.

Now, there’s nothing wrong with a short blurb, but in your case… It seems rushed. “Who wants to become a God?” Seems out of place. Maybe try using something else such as “Who wouldn’t want to become a God?” Do you see the difference between the two?

You also say ‘Solstice is first in line.’ But considering that this is the first and only time that she’s mentioned in the blurb, it’s off-putting and looks a bit strange. I suggest removing this part.

Lastly, you state “Do you want to be a God?” But you’ve already contradicted yourself. At the beginning of your blurb you ask “Who wants to become a God?” And then you follow by answering with “Everyone, that’s who.” So that doesn’t really make sense does it? Nor does it belong.