ꜰʟᴀꜱʜꜰɪʀᴇ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  bosandaros↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ rabisworld02

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ rabisworld02

First Light :: 10/20

First impression was plain. What I meant to say is, the title along with the book cover and blurb didn't excite me even a little bit. These three things are the essential ones in catching reader's interests and making them choose your book instead of others. You should pay attention to these aspects. Even though I am on the side of the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" , we also can't ignore the significance of it and how the single cover plays an important role in attracting the readers.

Cover doesn't match well with the book theme. It's so simple and doesn't attract the readers.

» Title :: 3/5

Title is not understood by me. I have read the story but didn't find any relevance to the title. Keeping it aside, the title didn't attract me at all. Title is the identity of any being let it be living or lifeless, it is the Identity and a way the being is known.

I don't see how and where this title phrase matches with your plot line and story book. Make sure to choose a phrase which is the key point of your book, which can describe the whole thing discussed and narrated in heole book within a word.

» Cover :: 4/10

Cover is too simple. No attractive elements can be seen. There is not much included in the cover. As much as we should follow the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" it's true that our cover becomes our identity. Same goes for the books. Cover should be interesting and intense to match with the plot and the title.

According to my perspective, I think you should add more red and black elements along with brown and orange colors contrast, adding fire in the background or two burning hearts hanging on a string can be taken as a good idea.

» Blurb :: 3/5

Blurb or better say the description of the book is so plain. It is not attractive and lacks the basic template of the blurb. Having a few dialogues, creating suspense regarding the plot and characters, portraying a mysterious scene from the book can be taken as a perfect blurb. But the paragraphs you have written are simple and plain. You have given out the whole plot while this is the main thing we shouldn't do in blurb.

After that, you have stated in the very first line that this is an unedited draft. Any warnings, any non relevant thing to your blurb or plot should be included in the end of the blurb.

It puts a bad impression on the reader and they leave the book just after reading the blurb.

Try to take in the points I have pointed out above to make your blurb perfect. Add a little mysterious scene, a few dialogues and not a long description about characters.

Dawn :: 10/10

Even though the overall first impression was not good, I was satisfied with the first chapter. It started with a slow pace and continued with a continuous and well balanced flow. You made it light headed and easy to start a book. I really liked how it started to give off a mysterious vibe and slowly the scene ceased in a fluffy one at the end with the edge of bitterness. A good job indeed

Plot and Idea :: 18/20

Please keep in mind that due to my exam pressure, I skipped two chapters in the middle but don't worry, I caught up really well with the next chapters. As far as I have read and analysed the plot you adopted, it's a really amazing and unique idea. But to get a better understanding, I came back and read them. But it's true that at some points I was really confused about what's happening and how we got here. But the fact can't be ignored that you pulled up the mysterious acts really well along with fluff and roughness.

Characters and Emotions :: 13/15

The characters were not well described. What I meant to say, it was really confusing for me to understand them at some points. For example, when the first chapter started, I was confused over the sudden appearance of the character "Caleb" and Also how you portrayed him In the end. But I was like ok, let's read further, we will find out. But the second chapter was a more confusing one.

And as I went further and further into the story, it got well and mixed up at the same time. This can happen to other readers too, try to be as clear as possible and make the first impression and first chapters as clear as you can.

Writing Style :: 13/15

I low-key like your writing style. Even though I like the story full of dialogues and your writing style generates less dialogues and more detail and description, it was a good experience. But keep in mind that dialogues are the essential for any story as they give life to the storyline and characters.

Grammar :: 20/20

You are really good with grammar. Having a complete command over grammar along with vocabulary is a plus point. I was really impressed by your phrases, the usage of prepositions, punctuations and, tense usage.

TOTAL :: 84/100

Reviewer's Note :: For me, it was a good experience with this writing style, usually it's really boring for me with these types of stories, but you really won my heart. It was a nice book with mystery, fluff, humor and a heart touching ending.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.