ᴡᴀɪᴛ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ Appy008↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ btsluvvesper

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ btsluvvesper

First Light :: 10/20

» Title :: 3.5/5

The title is the identity of the story for which it's known and suggests what the overall storyline will be featuring. Speaking of your title, I would say it was indeed well-chosen. It, actually, suggested what the plot will be about and such. It indeed matches the plot — the wait of 7 years. And also I personally felt the wait was still there as Nova was still waiting for Reeve to finally notice her presence in his life or be like the way they used to be. Thus, good work in that way. However, I feel that it was quite a simple title and which might have also dimmed the title a bit. Surely, it's relevant but it lacks a bit of creativity. Suppose, some similar and maybe some other more impactful phrases could have been used to give some more weight to the title and its resemblance to the plot. Try to work on that thing, otherwise good work in this place.

» Cover :: 3.5/10

The cover is the center of attraction, it suggests what the mood and/or theme of the story can be and how relatable it is with the story. It should also be inviting. That a reader immediately clicks on it to read or check the book. As for your cover, I cannot really say it was an alluring one. It was a plain cover with some texts thrown over it and the picture was quite unclear as well. Moreover, it did not portray the main theme of your story; without reading the book, one would assume it is a story of a girl and a horse. Like a bond and story of a girl and an animal, which I assume your story is not about. Thus, I would recommend that you ask someone experienced in cover designing to help you out. Surely, it would be beneficial.

» Blurb :: 3/5

The blurb is technically the end of the first impression and the start of your story. By reading a blurb, we usually get to know what the story will be all about. It should be interesting. Something that suggests a dispute or an edginess about the story. It should have a quality length. Talking about your blurb, it was pretty much good and of decent length. However, it lacked a few elements of "rising the readers' interest". Yes, it had a dispute but somewhat it was low-key making the plot a bit predictable as to what the main concept of the story might be. Or maybe, it is just me who feels it. But surely, some more spice was needed to heat the blurb. Nevertheless, good work was done there.

Dawn :: 5.5/10

Well, beginning chapters are the ones that are the crucial things of the story, if your starting is interesting and hooking, then the readers would automatically be attracted and interested in the main plot. I would not say your starting was outstanding or not good at all. But it did make me a little bored at first seeing the start off as the typical school class or practice. It went on quite predictable until the arrival of Reeve was revealed and the pinch of interest awakened when the mention of the "incident" was there. Apart from that, I really didn't find any interesting points in the beginning chapters. Therefore, more attention is needed in such cases.

Plot and Idea :: 9/20

To be honest, according to me, the plot seemed quite common and used one. Childhood besties, something happened, they got separated, they distanced, they blamed and acted rudely, they at one point came together. These concepts are quite common in this platform. What matters here is — the execution. However, the execution so far was not that new or unique as well. (At least up to which I read.) The only thing that kept me hooked through the reading were two things: 1) The incident, due to which Reeve was away and Nove blamed herself. And, 2) Why exactly Reeve was distant from or ignored Nova? Apart from those, I, so far, did not get any attractive points. Thus, I really can not give some tips on this section as the story is still ongoing. But for the predictable things and execution, try some common but uncommon things. Keep it predictable, but make people get a surprise or shock along with that as well.

Characters and Emotions :: 6/15

The characters are what make a plot complete. Emotions are what connect the characters with readers, and also their actions and reactions are based on their emotions mainly. Speaking of your story, then sorry to say, sweetie, your characters need to have more build-up and have to be impactful and have suiting emotions as well. Your characters were poorly introduced at times, especially Nova herself. Who was Nova? What was her main goal in the story? Why is she the main female lead? All these questions were supposed to be there initially; even if not in detail but in some bits of it. I mean, her purpose in life was not only to wait for Reeve and such. Emotions were lacking in many aspects as well. For instance, let us take the time when Reeve basically ignores Nova, she felt heartbroken and she felt immense hurt, right? But did the reader a.k.a me, felt the same while reading it? The answer is no. That is because you are telling me the emotions, not making me feel those emotions through your writing. You have to make me feel that. Therefore, work on that more hard. You can surely do better.

Writing Style :: 6/15

The writing style is very important for every themed story. Writing style puts a huge impact on the overall story. It basically is the identity of a certain plot theme and author. Now if I talk about your writing style, then I wouldn't say it was the best nor it was the worst. It was just okay and much bland. It was confusing and monotonous which is why I often couldn't feel anything in the story. I felt lost and bored. Your writing had no new essence of style. It seemed like I was reading the same phrases with just some changed scenes. Also, your way of writing the narration after dialogues in a separate paragraph, that's not much appreciated, and also the unnecessary gaps after (") and the dialogues, it is also not grammatically correct. Even the unnecessary use of italics for no specific indication of any information at times, is also grammatically incorrect as well as the usage of the sudden caps for dialogues. Thus, work in these parts, you would do great.

Grammar :: 8/20

Grammar is one of the crucial and most important parts of any writing. Without it, the story is as good as dead. Your grammar is not that good, to be honest. I can not mention all the errors but I surely can guide you with the most prominent mistakes. Those are :

» Ellipsis (...) were wrong in many places. Either more than three dots or less.

» Tense inconsistency was too much. You started with one tense and ended with another.

» Absence of other punctuation marks (?/!/;/:) in many places. Instead of only comma (,) usage, other punctuations could have been used as well.

» Your ending punctuations for statements were always exclamation marks (!). For almost all dialogue statements that weren't any questions. This always made the dialogues sound like something exciting or amusing or over-reacting. Thus, the use of comma (,) and periods (.) are necessary as well.

Altogether, I would suggest that the more you learn and use proper grammar, the more you know and can have better feedback on your writing. Not only will it enhance your knowledge, but also your writing will stand out more among others.

TOTAL :: 44.5/100

Reviewer's Note :: All I want to say is that you can do great if you just correct the above-mentioned things and you are all set to shine. All the best for your story. Thank you.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.