ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅꜱ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴇᴅ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ conquestofthesomnium↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ lilacgyu

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ lilacgyu

First Light :: 15/20 

» Title :: 3/5 

The title is apt for the plot. It captures the theme of the story. However, it is not very interesting or intriguing. It’s not very unique either. I suggest changing it into something more refreshing and different. 

» Cover :: 7/10 

The cover is well made, and the color theme suits the plot. The representations of the protagonists standing next to each other with a crack separating them. The symbolic representation of them being from different worlds was really interesting. All parts except for the subtitles were perfect. Adding a description/subtitle makes it easy for the viewer to decide whether they should read a specific book by giving them an idea about it. I suggest adding a subtitle so the viewer knows what they’re getting into when they read the book. 

» Blurb :: 5/5 

The blurb does its job well. It’s neither too long nor too short. It reveals just the right amount of information to make the viewer interested in the plot. It was also quite well described and checked all the boxes.

Dawn :: 9/10 

The start of the plot checks all the boxes. It is well described, has hardly any grammatical errors, and has a proper introduction to the characters. The writing style was great too, making the readers interested in the plot. Good job on having them hooked! Just the right amount of information was shared at the start of the book, which kept the tinge of mystery intact. The effort put into the plot and writing is clearly visible. I just found a few dialogues quite mediocre, not very appealing. I’ll talk more about this under ‘writing style’. 

Plot and Idea :: 17/20 

The trope isn’t something very unique, and I’m sure many other books have quite a similar theme. However, the execution was great! The plot was taken ahead in such a way that it was different from the other books of the same trope. There was a lot of foreshadowing in a few chapters, and the pacing seemed a bit off here. With the starting of the plot being quite quick-paced and racy, it was a bit weird to see a slow pace in the chapters that followed.  But throughout the book, the element of suspense was maintained well. Kudos for that!

Characters and Emotions :: 13/15 

The characters were relatable and their emotions were understandable.  The descriptions were well done. However, I noticed that the metaphors used were quite random and they just seemed odd. I suggest comparing emotions to something that is in the setting itself so it doesn’t seem forced or unnecessary.

[Suggestion  :: I suggest proofreading a bit more. This will help you spot places where the  metaphors are odd and edit it into something more descriptive.]

Writing Style :: 11/15

The writing style was good overall! The flow was great too, and even the smallest details were well described. I felt that there was excessive description in a few places, making it a bit bland to read. But for most of the part, it was well done. There was a generous use of metaphors and similes, and the imagery was done really well. The vocabulary range was wide and well used. I found that a few dialogues were bland and not as well written as the others. A bit more editing in these parts will definitely help. I also suggest polishing your line breaks and paragraph breaks since a few of the paragraphs seem way too long. 

Grammar :: 20/20 

There weren’t really any mistakes I could find under this section! 

TOTAL :: 85/100

Reviewer's Note  :: This book was a great read! The description was top tier. The writing style was also great and it was refreshing to read in Third Person Limited since most of the books I find here on Wattpad use Third Person omniscient. This greatly enhanced the reading experience for me. All this book needs is a bit of polishing to be perfect. I hope my review could help even the tiniest bit! You can contact me if there are any doubts, or if I haven’t covered anything properly. Thank you, and all the best! Hoping your masterpiece gets more reads soon!  :)

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.