sᴛᴀʏ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐ ྄ selenophilicsapphire↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄  PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄  PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

First Light :: 12/20

» Title :: 3/5

Title is basically a verification or a name given to identify your book. Of all the factors in a book, this is the first priority of a reader because it's what they notice first. It's the first time you meet your reader and show them the potential you possess. Getting it perfect at a single take is difficult. You've got to work with your creativity to construct a title that can pique the reader's curiosity. The title matches well and works well for the theme of your story. But it would be better if you could come up with an impressive title without the one-word strategy and remember to match it with the theme of your story. And also mention that it's a jungkook fanfiction in your title.

» Cover :: 4/10

In two words the visual representation of your book. The essential elements of a book cover usually include the title, name of the author, subheadings, background, and so on. The cover is the ultimate target that can garner in reads and it's dependable on how impressive it is. Book cover design consists of text and images.

Get the layout right. You need to focus on the message you want your cover to communicate. Make sure every element, colour, image, and font style supports the feeling you try to convey.

Choose an illustration that matches the genre you chose to go with.

» Blurb :: 5/5

Frankly, the blurb was so precise all the details and the length are perfect. The theme, genre, storyline, conflict, characters are some important factors that should be considered when constructing a blurb. Usually, a blurb is a summarised version or an introduction that makes the reader intrigued to accept your book. A good vocabulary is used and no spoilers were given. The character explanation is also done well without attaching too much detail so i'd say it's a perfect blurb.

Dawn :: 7/10

Dawn is where you start to apply emotions and introduce your characters to your readers. The excitement builds up from here so it's very vital to construct a better-planned dawn and continue with the course of your story. Atmospheric changes and character descriptions contain the necessary provoking power and I admire your taste of vocabulary and how well you describe things.

It started off really well and the dialogues continued smoothly, time management in phrases and descriptions are good. Use of language is appropriate and your choice of vocabulary words really enhanced your first chapters.

There were grammar errors that disrupted the flow of words at some points and sentences were mixed up or didn't make sense. Sometimes the words you used were improper. And about the disclaimer, title that chapter as 'disclaimer and also move the paragraph that contains the copyright information to the top. Be formal when you write the disclaimer.

Plot and idea :: 10/20

Depends on the genre you choose to go with. Since it's a fanfiction it is usually with other themes as well. Developing a detailed plot with a useful and enjoyable twist/turn is absolutely requires lots of creativity and imagination. Coming up with the scenes/conflict and where to insert what and at which point to introduce the twists can be quite challenging.

I kept hoping for some twists to happen, maybe something so intense but if I carefully analyze the first 10 chapters the twists I found a bit intense were the masked man part and her life with abusive parents. This is so common among every fanfiction to try to break away from it and create something different. Just don't hang on to the same plotline.

Research on some good plot ideas, then come up with your own plot and start to describe them with the brilliant vocabulary you've got.

Characters and Emotions :: 10/15

This is the best technique or the essential quality a writer can use to access the thoughts and feelings of readers. This is the way you make your readers bond with your book and make them hang onto each and every word you write. Evoking emotions in your readers can make them feel more invested in your characters and the story as a whole. It was easy to engage with your characters. You were able to convey the emotions well but there should be more involvement. If it's a fight, describe the surroundings, atmospheric changes and the way characters feel. Just don't use the normal techniques.

Be specific with the word choice. Avoid cliché. Construct a conflict or a scene first by jotting down points and describing them with vocabulary words. Vary your descriptions. Describe your character's emotions through their body language, facial expressions, and actions. Build up intense emotions for greater impact. Deeper emotions should be expressed.

Writing Style :: 10/15

The writing style is quite satisfactory and story writing usually falls into the category of narrative/descriptive writing, so your writing should be enhanced with good vocabulary and descriptives. A good writing style is ensured by the tone you use and it's the art of communicating an English work. So it's really crucial to have a thorough understanding of the tone you register your work.

Your writing style is quite good compared to other fanfictions I've reviewed but when you use some vocabulary words you go astray it's like you want to improve the quality but you use the wrong word so that changes the meanings of the sentences. You need to select your words precisely like caution/warn.

For Example: 'smell/odour/stink'— they all are used in different ways. The most suitable word should be used precisely.

Grammar :: 11/20

Honestly, grammar was a bit weak which just completely changed the meaning of the sentence that you were trying to convey to your readers.

'to caution you' - instead of 'caution', 'warn' should be used.  "
'Caution' may be a better word but it's wrong when you
use 'caution' the way you've used it.

'flawed' - flawless is the most suitable word.

'you tucked your wispy strands billowing in your jacket due to the reckless wind and zipped it up till your chin' - change your original statement to this as it doesn't make sense at the end and it looks like two different sentences. And you don't use 'nearing you' it's either 'coming close' or any other suitable way.

There were so many repetitive words. There were noticeable mistakes like that above. I suggest you use Grammarly or ask help from someone to observe your grammar. Grammar is important to convey the meaning of your writing clearly.

TOTAL :: 60/100

Reviewer's Note :: Break away from the common and start working with the creativity you've already got good. By the way, nice vocabulary. Good Luck!

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.