ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴏғ sᴇᴀsᴏɴs

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  Starfall_Dreamer↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ -jennieverse-

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ -jennieverse-

First Light :: 8/20

» Title :: 3/5

The title adheres to the plot of your book but I feel like there is an error in the expression of the title. As far as I understood, there are four kingdoms that are represented as seasons but the title expresses the singularity of the kingdom and it seems as if the four seasons are collectively represented by one kingdom which is not the case. I hope you alternate the title to something that is more conventional to the story.

» Cover :: 3/10

Sadly I am not slightly impressed by the cover. It doesn't render the effect one should in order to garner a reader's interest. It does match to the plot of the story but unfortunately that is not enough, a cover should be fascinatingly alluring, this cover contrastingly looks ameture with the improper text placements, monotonous fonts, unpleasant cover elements and lack of aesthetics. A writer doesn't necessarily need to have graphic designing skills so I suggest you order a cover from a graphic shop. Our community itself has one so you need to look no further.

» Blurb :: 2/5

It does create suspense but it also needs to maintain it, the blurb is too long according to me, a blurb should be short and precise, give the readers an insight of the book but not give away too much information, the lingering suspense is what makes the reader want to read the book. The blurb can be shortened by excluding excessive information, start it with a one lined dialogue, put a few lines to explain the setting, mention the point of conflict and end with a question.

Dawn :: 6/10

The prologue for the story was an interesting one and had a poetic tone to it but the first few chapters seemed a bit stretched with the character introductions, I feel like it could have been made a bit more interesting and impactful so that it won't look so tedious. After an engrossing build up in the prologue, the writing becomes mediocre. I suggest you maintain a frequency in the occurring events.

Plot and Idea :: 10/20

Unfortunately the overall plot seemed like the epitome of a cliché plot. I could spot minimum innovation. Starting from the plot line to the execution to the characters involved, all seemed repetitive. I am pretty sure that you have realised that yourself as well. Your book is what any other fantasy genre book on wattpad seems like. Repetitiveness makes it boring, what would get a reader invested in your book is the fact that how different your book is from any other fantasy book that is out there. Your plot, characters, execution, everything should be unpredictable. It should catch the readers off guard, the story line being a cliché snatchers excitement from a reader.

Characters and Emotions :: 5/15

I cannot stress enough on the fact that the characters being so predictable has put me off several times. The female character is your cliché damsel in distress, mistreated, a nerd who wants to disappear, there is nothing new. And then we have the typical best friend who is the complete opposite, outgoing and extroverted. Almost every book, doesn't matter if it belongs to a fantasy genre or not, has this same character setting, that is how repetitive this has become. A reader wants to read something new, if you are going to serve the same thing everyone else does, they might as well go read another book. By your way of writing, I am pretty sure that you can do so much better, just try to think out of the box.

Writing Style :: 10/15

The writing style is pretty much above average, definitely not the best out there but definitely not the worst. You can try to be more expressive with your writing, it seems very regular, try to use more explaining and innovative dialogue and action tags. The vocabulary needs to be expanded, try to use suitable synonyms instead of words that are commonly used. You need to extensively work on your lexis.

Grammar :: 15/20

The first thing that I want to point out is that there are too many spelling mistakes, it makes your writing look ameture. For example :- couple written as 'couble', once written as 'ones', errors like these can be fixed by proofreading so I suggest you do that. There were few places where the first letters of the words were not capitalised after a period, that should not happen if lower cases are not intended. there was an excessive use of ellipsis (...) where some other punctuation marks would have been more appropriate so I suggest you make the changes accordingly.

TOTAL :: 54/100

Reviewer's Note :: I apologize if I came off very harsh, I have no intentions of offending you, no one is perfect but we keep trying to strive for the best. You have a lot of potential as an author so you need not be disheartened. Keep writing, I wish you all be best for your future endeavors.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.