(11) ♠︎The Disastrous Sports Festival Begins♦︎

Kusuo's POV

Kusuo's POV

I decided to listen to music since we were in the waiting room.

"Aww man! I was totally hoping I could wear my costume!" Ashido whined.

"At least everyone will be in uniforms. That'll keep things fair right?" Oijiro said.

We were currently in the waiting room getting ready for the festival. Dadzawa, being the 'nice' dad he is, told me to do my best.

"I wonder what they have in store for us in the first round." Sato said.

"No matter what they've prepared, we must persevere." Tokoyami said.

"Right!" Shoji agreed.

"Everyone! Get your game faces on! We're entering the arena soon!" Iida said while bursting through the door.

"Are you excited Kuu-Chan?" Izu asked me.

"I'm not excited, or bored. As long as it's fun I guess." I said.

"Midoriya." Todoroki suddenly said, causing the whole class to look at him.

"H-Hey Todoroki. What's up?" Izu asked.

"From an objective stand point. I think it's fairly clear I'm stronger than you." He stated.

"Yeah." Izuku said.

"However. You've got All Might and Kusuo on your corner helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you, All Might, or Kusuo. But know that I will beat you." He said.

"What's with all the declarations of war lately?" Kaminari asked.

"Yeah, what's the big deal? Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we start." Eiji said.

"We're not here to be each other's friends. Don't forget, this isn't a team effort." Todoroki said and walked away.

"Wait a sec Todoroki." Izu said, stopping Todoroki in his tracks.

"I don't know what's going on through your head. Or why you need to tell me that you'll beat me. And yeah. Of course you're better than me. In fact, you probably have more potential than anyone in the hero course besides Kuu-Chan. That's why you got in so easily." He stated.

"Midoriya, I think your being a little too hard on yourself and us." Eiji said.

"No he's right you guys. All the other courses. They're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all 'gonna have to fight to stand out. And I'll be aiming for the top too." He said.

"Fine." Todoroki said.

"HEY! MAKE SOME NOISE! GET THOSE CAMERAS PREPPED! THIS YEAR WE'RE GIVING YOU SOME OF THE HOTTEST PERFORMANCES IN SPORTS FESTIVAL HISTORY, GUARANTEED! I'VE ONLY GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE WE START THIS SHOW! ARE YOU READY?!? LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM AS OUR STUDENTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE BIG STAGE!" I heard Present Mic shout outside.

The audience cheered as we walked out of the tunnel.

"WELCOME BACK TO THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL! THIS FIRST GROUP ARE NO STRANGERS TO THE SPOTLIGHT! YOU KNOW THEM FOR WITHSTANDING A VILLAIN ATTACK! THE HERO COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-A!" Present Mic yelled.

I was next to Eiji as we walked.

"I didn't know there would be this many people." Izu said nervously.

"I hope we're still able to give our best performance even all these eyes are watching us, I suppose it's another aspect of being a hero we all have to get used to." Iida said.

"Present Mic sure did talk us up a lot. And is makes me nervous. How about you man?" Eiji asked me.

"I don't hate it but it's still unpleasant. As long as they don't giver us attention in a bad way I don't really care." I said.

"Great!" He said.

"GIVE IT UP FOR ALL OF UA'S CONTESTANTS!" Present Mic yelled.

"NOW THE INTRODUCTORY SPEECH!" Midnight said.

Every boy excluding me started to get flustered.

"Uh. Someone needs to talk to Mrs. Midnight about what she's wearing." Eiji said blushing a bit.

"Yeah. That costume should come with a warning." Kaminari agreed.

"Is that really appropriate apparel for a high school game?" Tokoyami asked while Mineta gave a thumbs up.

"SILENCE EVERYONE!" Midnight yelled.

"AND FOR THE STUDENTS PLEDGE! WE HAVE KATSUKI BAKUGOU AND KUSUO AIZAWA!" She yelled.

"I might not hate attention as much anymore, but that doesn't mean i'm used to it."

"Well it does make sense I guess. Kusuo got first place in the entrance exams while Bakugou got second." Sero said.

We walked up the stage and Bakugou stood in front of the mic.

"I JUST WANNA SAY...

"I'M 'GONNA WIN." He bluntly said. Everyone glared at him as he walked off the stage. I walked up to the microphone and said:

"IGNORE HIM. JUST BECAUSE HE'S ARROGANT, DOESN'T MEAN OUR WHOLE CLASS IS LIKE HIM." I said. Everyone in our class sighed in relief, and the others hated us less.

"AND DAD. YOU BETTER BUY ME COFFEE JELLY AFTER THIS IS OVER OR ELSE I'M GONNA THROW OUT YOUR SLEEPING BAG." I said bluntly while looking at him, causing everyone to drop to the ground.

"SHUT UP BRAT. JUST HURRY UP AND GO." He said.

"IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?" Present Mic asked disappointed.

"YES." I said dryly.

"I THOUGHT YOU WOULD SAY SOMETHING INSPIRATIONAL." He said, sounding disappointed.

"WELL APPARENTLY NOT." I said.

"OUCH! NO NEED TO BE SO BLUNT!" He said.

"I NEVER SAID I WAS NICE." I said making everyone drop to the ground again. I just rolled my eyes and walked off.

"WITHOUT FURTHER OR DO. IT'S TIME FOR US TO GET STARTED! THIS IS WHERE YOU BEGIN FEELING THE PAIN! THE FIRST GAME OF THE FESTIVAL! WHAT COULD IT BE?!" Midnight yelled as the screen behind her spun a wheel.

"TA- DAH!" She yelled as it showed the words "Obstacle Race."

"ALL ELEVEN CLASSES WILL PARTICIPATE IN THIS TREACHEROUS CONTEST! THE TRACK IS 4 KILOMETERS AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF THE STADIUM. I DON'T WANNA RESTRAIN ANYONE, AT LEAST THIS GAME." She said and licked her lips.

"AS LONG AS YOU DON'T LEAVE THE COURSE. YOU'RE FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES!" She said and the audience cheered.

"NOW THEN TAKE YOUR PLACES! CONTESTANTS!" She said.

"AFTER ALL THE AUTHOR IS GETTING TIRED OF TYPING!"

"What author?"

"NEVER MIND... LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN!!!" She said.