(13) ♠︎A Catastrophic Cavalry Battle♦︎

Kusuo's POV

Kusuo's POV

A Cavalry Battle.

"ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN." The screen behind Midnight showed a picture of Present Mic and Thirteen carrying All Might.

"I 'kinda feel bad for Present Mic in that photo."

"THE PARTICIPANTS WILL FORM TEAMS OF TWO TO FOUR PEOPLE IF THEY SEE FIT. IN THEORY, IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME AS A PLAYGROUND GAME. BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE... EACH PLAYER HAS BEEN ASSIGNED A POINT VALUE BASED ON THE RESULTS FROM THE OBSTACLE COURSE." Midnight said.

Ashido and Uraraka started talking, causing Midnight to scold them.

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND LET ME EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU! NOW THEN. THE POINT ASSIGNMENTS GO UP BY INCREMENTS OF FIVE STARTING FROM THE BOTTOM. FOR EXAMPLE, 42nd IS WORTH FIVE POINTS. AND 41st IS WORTH TEN. AND THE POINT VALUE ASSIGNED TO THE FIRST CONTESTANT IS... 10 MILLION!"

"...Looks like god is on my side. That could've been me..."

Everyone looked at Izuku with evil intent.

"THAT'S RIGHT. IT'S SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST WITH THE CHANCE OF THOSE AT THE BOTTOM TO OVERTHROW THE TOP!"

"Good luck Izuku. Sorry but this is your problem."

He looked so petrified, I could hear his heart pounding, and his breathing stop.

"FIRST YEARS! THESE ARE THE RULES YOU WILL ABIDE BY! THE GAME ITSELF HAS FIFTEEN MINUTES! INDIVIDUAL POINT VALUES WILL BE ADDED TOGETHER TO REACH YOUR TEAM'S TOTAL. EVERYONE WILL KNOW HOW MUCH YOUR WORTH THANKS TO YOUR HEADBANDS. SWIPE AS MANY HEADBANDS AS YOU CAN TO RAISE YOUR TEAM'S SCORE!"

"STOLEN HEADBANDS MUST BE WORN FROM THE NECK UP, SO THE MORE YOU STEAL, THE HARDER IT'll BE TO MANAGE THEM. ANOTHER THING! IF YOUR HEADBAND GETS STOLEN OR YOUR TEAM FALLS DOWN. YOU CAN KEEP PLAYING UNTIL TIME'S UP!"

"THIS IS GOING TO BE TOUGH! YOU COULD USE YOUR QUIRK AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE! BUT. THERE ARE STILL RULES! MAKE A TEAM FALL ON PURPOSE, AND I'LL SLAP YOU WITH A RED CARD! YOU'LL BE DISQUALIFIED! NOW YOU'VE GOT 15 MINUTES TO MAKE UP YOUR TEAM! I RECOMMEND YOU GET STARTED!" Midnight finished.

"Let's go win this game!" Eiji said with an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I nodded and let myself get dragged to wherever he had in mind.

We got to where he was going and approached other people.

"You should team with me!" Sato said.

"No! You definitely want me by your side!" Ashido said.

"I don't want to beg but please!" Aoyama said while holding his stomach and looking crippled.

Bakugou: ...

"Wait! Remind me what your quirks are again! And your names!" Bakugou, the source of arguments and noises, abruptly said causing everyone from our class to get pissed off.