Chapter 1

Wilburs POV
I wake up to the sun beating into my eyes and groan. I try to cover them, but going back to sleep doesn't seem like an idea my body agrees with.

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling and feel some weight on my side. I look to the right and remember where I am.

Las Nevadas.

it's not like I forgot, I just woke up.

speaking of waking up, I must have just woken up the one who was laying beside me. he sits up and stretches his arms and wings out as he yawns and leans onto me.

"morning Wilbur."

"morning Q."

he chuckles and kisses my cheek over and over as I look over to the alarm clock on the beside table, 8:37 am.

fuck.

FUCK.

I slept in too late. I quickly get up and change from my night clothes to my day clothes, a yellow sweater, dark dirty jeans, and my trench coat.

Quackity looks at me confused until he looks at the time and sees I should have been gone over half an hour ago.

he dashes up and starts changing.

"Love, where's my glasses?"

"You dumbass, here." Quackity said as he handed me my glasses, or more put them on for me. as I'm about to book it out the door with shoes in hand, I'm suddenly stopped. "and your beanie!" and he shoves the hat on my head.

I peck his lips quickly before running out of the room, for real this time.

you may be wondering, what the fuck was that?

me and Quackity have a little secret. us.

there's a lot of explaining behind it, but long story short, we are keeping our relationship a secret.

and it's also super fun to insult eachother in public.

returning to the present, I'm running out of Las Nevadas, barefoot, to the van.

as much fun as it is to remain secret and stuff, it's tiring.

it's also sucks that we are so good at it. like, nobody knows that basically every night we are together.

sometimes I wish people knew, so that way we wouldn't have to hide, like Tommy. he's clueless. he just makes fun of us because he thinks we hate eachother.

which is far from the truth.

I realize I'm already at the van and walk in. i check the time again and see it's about 10 minutes till 9. perfect. Ranboo should be coming in soon.

me and Quackity agreed that some "friendly competition" would keep suspicions low, so that's why I made the van with Ranboo and Tommy.

speaking of which, they both come in.

"Hey Wil.."

"Ah! Ranboo! right on time. and Tommy? what are you doing here? what a pleasant surprise!" I was actually happy to see my brother. he helped keep me sain when I was at the station, even if he was there a short while.

"hey Wil? can I talk to you for a minute? alone?" Tommy asked.

"sure! anything, Tommy."

we walk out a little into the forest where Ranboo wouldn't be able to hear us.

"so, um." he starts off. "Wil, remember when we first came to Las Nevadas and Quackity offered me a place here? to join his country?"

my smile faded a little. I don't really like where this is going.

"yah, why? what are you saying?"

"Wilbur, I think I'm going to joining Las Nevadas. I-I think that's the better option for me. it seems so fun there! I know you hate him but Big Q is actually very nice to me and, and well I think maybe if I stay there maybe he may let you join! but I-I can't stay here.. there's not much for me." Tommy spat out all at once.

I know Q is actually really nice when he has a spot for you, but that would mean I'd rarely get to see my brother. like, only a few times a week? basically my only family left?

it's too soon to reveal our secret to anyone, so I can't just let him go and be like "Yah see you there!"

no no no no.

I stare at him shocked at his idea. I can't choose one or the other. I need both of them. separate!

this could be bad, and Tommy doesn't hold secrets well so he could tell everyone and Quackity would be ruined for dating a terrorist! and that would mean I'd never get to officially join Las Nevadas and all our plans would be ruined!

things can go south if he joins now. it's too soon!

"don't you think it's too soon for any of that?"

"what? too soon for what? to join Las Nevadas? Big Q said the position is always open to me. hey, if it makes you feel better, I'll be your wing man!"

"Tommy..."

"I know about your secret little crush on Q, and as the Master of Love, I think he may like you back, let me pu-"

"TOMMY SHUT IT." I yelled. he looked at me with wide eyes and immediately shut up.

"YOU CAN'T GO- sigh- you can't go to Las Nevadas. not yet, I need you here."

he stared at me and looked stunned. I'm annoyed right now, he can't go join the damn country. it would jeopardize a lot or make things harder.

"is everything okay?" Ranboo asked, coming out of the woods, or, into I guess.

"everything's fine. I was just leaving." Tomny said sternly.

"and where are you going?" I asked him.

"to Las Nevadas. Sorry Wil, but I wasn't asking you for permission." Tommy said as he glared at me and started walking towards Las Nevadas.

"Tommy-!" I try yelling to him but Ranboo takes my attention.

"Hey Wilbur, we have to open up the van now. Burgers and that stuff..." he said shyly.

I don't even want to deal with anything right now but I didn't want Ranboo betraying me either. so we make our way back to the van and set up for the day.