Chapter 39

Quackitys POV
I felt a little frustrated with Wilbur. everything I feel is doubled since I was revived. guess that includes frustration.

I didn't want Wilbur to see my plans for Las Nevadas yet because they are a surprise for him. but he just HAD to know. he got mad enough that he reminded me of... of the elections and... him.

it made me realize that he has things he needs to work on. I've been stuffing the thought in the back of mind for so long and trying to ignore it but... if I want to go through with these plans he needs to get better.

I push the thoughts back and focus on other plans and blue prints. I aksed Philza to let me use his study and he let me. I sit down at his desk and lay the blueprints in front of me.

a crow suddenly comes to the window with a book in its mouth. curious, I take it and open it. I scan the page and realize it's addressed to me from Slime.

he's asking for us to meet in Las Nevadas. Me, Wilbur, and Dream.

I thought it was strange how he wanted Dream there but regardless, I excitedly called Wilbur and told him the news.

without warning, he picked me up and spun me happily.

"We're getting our lives back!" he proclaimed.

"no! we're starting our lives!" we share a loving kiss, only to be interrupted by Dream. he has a passion to interrupt us apparently.

"couldn't help but over hear. but did you just get invited back to Las Nevadas?"

"yes, I did. Slime wants you and Wilbur to come as well!"

we all exchange how relieved we are. Dream quickly leaves and Wilbur and I talk.

"what are you going to say?" Wilbur asks me.

"I'm not sure... I have to show them I'm worthy of Las Nevadas again..."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." Wilbur kisses my cheek. "let's get going. I'm sure my father loves us being here."

I laugh as Wil leaves the room. I go get changed in some clean clothes. I wear what I wore when I ran away, minus the jewelry. I didn't want to seem too showy.

Wilbur gets dressed in his clothes, real ones, and tells Philza what we're doing and I... I guess I don't have anything to pack.

"I don't know why I thought I should, the only thing I fucking have is the clothes I'm wearing."

we all meet outside, where Technoblade is standing by the horses.

"what are you-"

"I'm escorting you, duh." he interrupts me in a monotone voice. he hands me the reigns of a horse and I roll my eyes.

I hop on and help Wilbur up to ride behind me. he wraps his arms around my waist and holds on tightly.

"getting comfy?"

"yeah, I don't want to fall." he says jokingly. we share a hushed laugh.

Technoblade hoists Dream onto Carl. Dream seems hesitatent to hold onto Technoblade as he looks at the ground.

Wilbur and I exchange looks and try not to laugh at them. We start riding and these horses are faster than what I thought.

"whoah! holy shit!"

I watch Dream regret his decision to not hold on. he wraps his arms quickly around Technoblade and I swore I saw the piglin smirk.

we ride to the portal, through the never, and take the road to Las Nevadas. as my city comes into view, I can't help but smile at it.