Chapter 31

(I'm not super familiar with Phil's house so if your too confused, imagine a reg log cabin)
Wilburs POV
it's been about a month now. I've barley left the bed and I haven't left the room. I spend most of my time sleeping and spending time with dream Quackity.

Phil and Techno come up to my room to talk sometimes, often checking on me. they'd give me food but when they came up next it would sometimes remain untouched.

I feel so empty. everything is so quiet, so lonely. so sad.

everytime I sleep I try looking for Dream but he is never there. he must not be sleeping when I'm sleeping. I tried to sleep all day once and went for, according to Phil, almost 3 days.

that whole time Dream must've not slept. as much as I want to be angry with him I can't help but worry. I fear the prison is keeping him awake for whatever reason.

I don't worry that he's dead. if he was dead, I'd be dead. that's one of the few things we know of the book.

"bruuuh. your still in here? cringe." Techno walks into my room with some potato soup. he places it on the bedside table and I stare.

"any word from him?" I ask.

"still no, Dreams visits are still banned and he still hasn't come to me in my dreams."

I nod slowly, not really reacting. I've been told this 3 times a week for a month now, I'm used to it.

I look to the window and watch the snow fall delicately. a sigh escapes my lips as I watch.

something catches my eye, though. I look more intently at the mysterious silhouette outside.

ignoring whatever Techno is saying, I get up and run down to investigate. Phil tries asking me what's wrong but I ignore him. I barge out the door into the cold.

I jump off the porch and when I land, I freeze.

a cold gust of wind blows through, carrying  snowflakes with it. my breathe hitches as I stare at the mysterious person, who isn't so mysterious anymore.

the short male stares at me with a goofy smile on his face. "hellooo~" he says all giddy.

I feel my knees buckle below me as I look. his loose baggy shirt drapes over his frame, close to a sheet. it's dark blue and has a red line in the center of his chest. his long, black hair falls over his shoulders. a satchel is thrown across his body.

and the iconic beanie that never left the top of his head, no matter what.

it's the ghost of Quackity.

I don't know how to feel about seeing him. I know Ghostbur was nothing like me, so I know this isn't Quackity.

my lip quivers as I try to say something. I hear footsteps come behind me and I guess Phil and Techno are also staring at him.

the ghost skips up to me and jumps into my arms. I fall with him because I'm too much in shock to hold him.

he doesn't seem to care since he plants little kisses all over my face. "I can't believe I finally found you! mwah! I've looked all over! mwah! Tan molesto! it was such a pain to find you amor! mwah mwah mwah!"

"Wilbur?" Techno interrupts. the ghost seems to have noticed the other two standing near. he springs up and traps them both into a large hug.

"Que encantador!! it's so nice to see you! mwah! mwah!" he plants a kiss on both of their cheeks and returns to me and offers me a hand.

I accept hesitatently and let him pull me up.

"have a galleta, you look stressed amour." he says as he digs into his bag, pulling out a cookie. I accept it but don't eat it.

"why... why are you here?" I ask.

"to see you! ¡bondad! when I was alive I was in love with you, amor! so, it made sense to find you!" he pulls me into another hug.

when he was alive...

"okay... come in... I'm sure your cold..."

he nods happily and grabs my hand as I lead him into the house.

"mate are you sure-"

"I have too many questions right now, you can come if you'd like."

we all walk back into the house and sit down in the living room.

the ghost sits right on my lap and I'm taken back. my face burns as he giggles. he's like the old Quackity in a way.

"so... uh.. first off, we can't call you Quackity." I state blankly.

"huh? ¡amour! thats my name!" he tightens his arms around my neck and snuggles into me more.

"no no, Quackity is someone else. your just his ghost. you need a ghost version of his name." Phil explains in the background.

"how about Ghost Quack? fitting enough."

"okay, but only if mi amour likes it." Ghost Quack says. I give him a nod and he giggles and snuggles in more.

"I- we have some questions." I start. "what do you remember from being alive?"

"well, you of course, Tonto! I remember Sapnap, Karl, everyone I've loved! mwah!" I hear Phil write things down.

"what are you doing?"

"writing things down mate, this info can be super important!"

"okay. Ghost Quack, next question. how does the underworld or being dead thing work? where did you come from?"

"hmmm... it's a little blurry, but when I died, I just felt the gift of love! ¡bondad! what I remember from being alive is so much love and that's all I feel now, amour!" he once again places kisses across my face.

"okay okay, I'm going to bed. this is a lot." I say. I push off Ghost Quack and head upstairs.

"wait for me!"

"no... no you should stay here. Phil and Techno may wanna talk to you." I say in a emotionless tone.

I can tell he doesn't like the idea as he curls up into a ball on the floor. blood trickles from his mouth and his scarred eye as he cries.

"don't leave meee!" he wails. I stand there awkwardly, not sure what to do. Phil and Techno stare at me awkwardly as if I should do something.

I'm torn between the options. help Ghost Quack whom I'm having trouble being with at the moment, or go to bed and deal with him later.

the latter sounds nice to me but I know Phil would scold me for it. I sigh and sit back down. Ghost Quack tackles me in a hug and he slowly calms down.

he pulls another cookie from his bag and hands me one. "have a galleta, mi amour..." he says with a raspy voice. I accept it and actually eat this one. it's surprisingly warm and tastes fresh.

"Whats with the cookies? they're really good." I compliment.

"I made them with love!~ Para ti guapo~ mwah!" I laugh a little and finish the desert.

"Ghost Quack... uh... do you remember anything else from being alive? other than, I guess your past relationships?" Techno asks awkwardly.

"si! I remember umm... I remember moments with umm.. uh.. lo siento, dame un momento... umm.. I don't want to talk about the recuerdos..." he says sadly.

I guess what else he remembers isn't so nice. I've also noticed he speaks a lot more Spanish than Quackity.

"well, I think we should call it in, it's getting late. good night." Phil leaves and Techno follows. I let out a sigh and go to my room.

Ghost Quack quickly follows, jumping and giggling onto my bed. I slowly get in and he latches onto me, not to my surprise.

I let him do what he wants and force my eyes closed, hoping to see Dream in my sleep.

I hear him softly snore as I grip the sheets, wishing it was Quackity here. but it's not. he's gone and I can't get him back.

after hours of staring at the ceiling, sleep finally claims me and I wake up once again in that field.