Chapter 23

Wilburs POV
I speed walk the rest the way home, Quackity gripping onto my arm.

I feel my blood boiling that he was hurt. I'm so angry that he came. I'm mad at myself for not protecting him.

his fake eye is missing, and a large bruise is forming on his cheek. and worst of all his wing is broken, it looks painful.

I follow down the tunnel we made, blocking off the entrance so we can't be followed. as much as I want to grab Dream and go, Quackity needs to be taken care of.

after what feels like traveling miles, we finally make it back. I lead Quackity to the bed and he sits down slowly, wincing as he lowers himself.

"where's it hurt?" I ask worriedly.

"I don't fucking know! maybe my fucking- ah! wing!" he angerly replies. right, dumb question. I run to the chest and start looking for a healing potion, maybe strength, anything.

"I have all the- all the potions..." Quackity speaks up. I go to him and see he already took two.

he hands me one and I give him a confused look. "what?" I ask.

"your hurt too, that gash on your arm-" I remember in that moment that Sapnap got my arm pretty good. I take the potion and down it quickly. it tastes like cough syrup.

I feel the wound on my arm heal over. it doesn't scar yet, but it healed faster.

"thank you, my love." I say gently. I kneel down and rest my head on his lap. as much as I want to cuddle, I don't want to hurt his wing.

holy shit. I've gone soft. shit. "as much as I want to cuddle."? really? what has this duck done to me?

I don't move though. whatever spell he has me on, I secretly wish it's permanent. I feel horrible about how this relationship started off as sex and lies. but I'm also so happy it has turned into something almost as beautiful as him.

I feel Quackity comb his fingers softly in my hair and I hear a sniffle. I look up and see he's starting to cry. I don't blame him, after today's events.

I'm terrible at comforting others, so I remain silent. but I do sit up next to hum and place kisses over his face, being extra gentle on his bruise.

he takes my hand into his and I kiss his knuckles. I trail up to face and softly yet passionatly kiss his lips. tears still fall down his cheeks.

cracked sobs escape his lips as his grip tightens. he leans his body weight onto me and I try hugging him, gently placing my hands to not touch his wing.

"I-It hurts.... everything.." he sobs.

"I know, have another potion."

"n-no... n-not that-that kind of h-hurt." he chokes out and sobs harder. I feel a pain in my chest as he sobs.

is he talking about Sapnap? that whole thing?

I lift his face to make him look at me, hooking my fingers under his chin.

I stroke the non-bruised side of his face and cup his cheek, rubbing off any tears with my thumb.

it probably wasn't the right thing to say but, "your so beautiful..." I compliment, staring into his eye. he looks shocked. his face softens and he gives me a gentle smile.

we share another soft kiss until I hear footsteps. I pull back and go to the tunnel we came from.

luckily, it was just Dream. he looks ragged. his clothes were soaked and he had cuts and bruises from the fight. his face is red and he's sorta wobbly, which I'm assuming is from being tired.