Chapter 44

Wilburs POV
after dinner, Quackity and I went up to bed. when we got in bed, he quickly fell asleep, unlike me. as tired as I was, I just couldn't sleep. after a few hours of just staring at the wall, I get up and go downstairs.

to my surprise, my father is down there too.

"Phil? why are you up so late?" I ask tiredly.

"oh, hey Wil. I'm just having some me-time. what about you, mate?"

I sigh and sit on the couch across from him.

"couldn't sleep."

something is bugging me, and I can't quite figure out what.

"Why's that?"

"sigh, I don't know. I guess I'm nervous?" I confessed. I fiddle with my hands and look at the floor, avoiding eye contact.

"mhm. I remember how nervous I was when I was marrying your mother."

"really?"

"yes. I was about to marry someone who was way out of my league. someone who in another world wouldn't even look in my direction."

I nod my head as I listen to the story.

"but, when I was at the alter and she was walking down the isle, I wasn't nervous. I figured if someone as great as her was able to marry someone like me, it was true."

I look at my father to see him smiling at the memory.

"I just... want things to go well. I've messed up a lot in the past and... and Quackity has been with so many others... I-I just..."

"go on."

"I just want things to be perfect, for him. they need to be perfect."

Phil stands up and sits next to me on the couch and pats my back.

"it's gonna be fine. trust me. everything will go perfectly!" Phil assures me.

I look to him and give him a small smile. "thanks Phil..."

"anytime mate." Phil smiles back. "welp, I'm heading up to bed. remember, you got nothing to worry about. goodnight."

"thanks. night Dad."

and with that, Phil goes back upstairs to bed. I stay downstairs for a little while until I feel my eyes become heavier.

sleep must be creeping on me now. I get up and make my way up the stairs to my room. I walk past Technos room and hear some mumbling.

obviously I'm too curious to not know what the two are talking about, so I put my ear to the door and listen.

"why do you think bringing weapons is necessary? it's a wedding." I hear Dream whisper.

"who knows! we know exactly how this SMP is and peace isn't an option! how can a extra precaution hurt?" I hear Techno answer.

so they want to being weapons for... protection? I think to myself.

"okay, fine. I'll bring an axe and-"

"no, if something happens, you need to hide. I expect Sam would be the one to ruin things and you're his target."

the two argue more on Dream fighting or hiding until I just come in. the two were sitting on the bed, obviously a little close to be "friends."

"gotcha."

Tehcno shoves Dream off the bed, earning a "oof" from falling on the ground so harshly.

"WILBUR!" Techno yells.