Chapter 36

Quackitys POV (HES BACK!!)
"you lose! try again?"

"NO! stop asking me that! I don't want to do this anymore!" I cried.

"get the jackpot! try again?"

defeated, I pull the lever again and get the win, three wings in a row.

"you lose! try again?"

it taunted me for my wings. I didn't know if they were gone when I died, but they are gone in limbo.

and one could only assume.

feathers fell from the winnings spot. but did I care? did I collect them? no. their useless.

I left and went to the fountain. there wasn't water there and it looked disgusting, but the structure was in better condition than anything.

I stared at my destroyed city. all I had done for it, worthless. my life's work was useless. my life was useless. I was useless.

I wondered what Wilbur was doing. was he mourning me? did he move on? what of the real Las Nevadas?

something in decided to go back to the slot machine. yes, I hated it but it was the only one that worked. something in me just wanted to play.

"step right up! give it a gamble! go for the win!"

I rolled my eyes as I stood infront of the machine. I pulled the lever. the pictures scrolled quickly and revealed one by one.

life. life. life.

life?

I wondered why lives were in the machine. I was here for almost six years and they have never showed up.

"you win! see you next time!"

that wasn't the machines voice. that's was Dreams. why was he there? what was going on.

he wasn't there, I couldn't see him.

I felt everything around me get heavier and heavier. the walls around me seemed to heal but I couldn't see them well.

everything got brighter and I took a deep breath, suddenly feeling air in my lungs.

--------------------------------------------
I gasp awake to the sight of Tommy. Tommy had tear glossed eyes as he looked at me.

"Big Q..."

"Tommy!"

I hug him quickly. someones face, someone's voice, someone! someone for the first time!

"I'm so happy your here! wha-whats going on? what's happened? holy shit! sand!"

I wanted to feel everything in that moment.  Tommy stood awkwardly as I looked and touched anything I could. the sand, the road, a fucking cactus.

"Big Q... um..."

"WE'RE IN LAS NEVADAS! I never thought I'd see it again! in limbo, it was all destroyed and aged! it still looks amazing! I sometimes worried it actually looked terrible!"