fun facts :D

ayo, so I have some fun facts about this book. (totally not a filler 😀)

yall can skip this but I think these would be cool to look at, seeing how this book is written and why some things are!

also these are not in order lmao

Dreams Sickness-
Dream is actually ill from being in prison so long, coming into the real world after a year and being exposed to all the disease and his body not being able to handle it. it didn't help being in the rain. it's also from eating real food in large amounts super fast after being starved and onky eating raw potatoes for so long.

but it's also a metaphor for how power has infected him, his body, and also his mind.

The new Outfits-
The new clothes were to represent the change in character, to show how that their lives are changing.

Wilburs outfit is to show how he's putting himself together more, cleaning himself up and not wearing his original dirty clothes.

Quackitys outfit is to show him gaining confidence. he always hid his wings but not that they are out, he is showing his true self.

Dreams outfit does actually have a little symbolism, but not major. it shows that technically, he is a member of Las Nevadas. or at least, a partner to it, as he is working to put Las Nevadas at the top.

and also to stray away a little from Canon lore.

Quackitys Broken Wing-
It was to show how him facing his past lover ended up hurting him. When he and Sapnap were together, Sapnap unintentionally hurt him by abandoning him, like how he hurt Quackity.

Techno and Dream-
though side characters, they impact the story greatly. but mainly about the two. Dream has an obsession with Technoblade in a way. when he said to Wilbur "...you remind me of him..." he was talking about how Wilbur was similar to Techno in a way.

when in prison, Dreams worst enemy was solitude so rooming with Techno actually helped him. but when he left it was like his final straw because he basically idolized Techno for being the one good thing!

Quackitys Eye-
I wanted to change his eye in so many scenes, but it would have made no sense! but when he did change it, it was to show how he was changed once again.

also, in the last when he was upset about Karl never noticing his eye change, that was because Karl couldn't remember what his old eye was.

Tommy-
Tommy started off joking saying Quackity and Wilbur liked eachother. but after seeing them interact, he thought they talked a little too much to really hate eachother. he didn't think they would date but he thought they secretly enjoyed eachother.

Crying-
unintentionally I have written most smut chapters after the characters have cried.

so I will give it a meaning, out of spite and boredom.

the two were in a emotionally vulnerable state of mind and wanted the other for comfort, and seeing how their relationship started and both being bad at feelings, they have sex instead.

Confessions-
Quackity and Wilbur don't say "I love you" for a few reasons.

Quackity has issues with love in the past so it takes him longer than usual to get the guts to say it.

Wilbur straight up has trouble understanding it, so he worries he would drive Quackity away if he said anything.

Dreams-
Dreams in this story, where Dream himself isn't interacting (like he isn't really there)are potential futures. it doesn't mean they will happen, but it means it's a possibility.

Ghosts-
I saw someone on TikTok headcanon it so that when someone dies, their ghost becomes like the most pure/best. like how Ghostbur was super nice and not power crazy. So with Ghost Quack, he just is very loving and wants to love a lot of people, but only be romantic loving to Wilbur.

Technoblade-
Technoblade was originally gonna kill Quackity infront of Tommy, Wilbur, and Dream. yeah. but that ended up not happening so. most of this story is made up as I go so a lot of changes happen.

Fun Fact!-
the "first draft" of this book was supposed to feature Quackity actually hating Wilbur and Wilbur making a bet with him to try and date him. I scrapped it though and went with this because it had SO much more potential.

I don't check over the chapters 😨 I don't always proof read cuz I'm lazy. it is appropriated when someone points that out so I can fix it.

I have drawings of the characters designs that aren't Canon to the DSMP. I may post them, idk.

Okay yall, I did lie. this IS a filler. who would have known! anyways, updates still will be daily, so don't worry! but I'm very busy with school and sports at the moment. I just want to write a few chapters ahead so we can keep the update schedule ON TRACK!!

anyways, I love yall and thank you for your comments, I do read all of them and they make my day<3

alright, next chapter will be posted regular time! like I said, I just wanna get ahead so. alright, byyyyye!