Chapter 27

Quackitys POV
we are wanted criminals.

Techno wants us to give up and choose peace.

Dream is sick.

my wing is still broken and isn't doing any better.

Tommy and Tubbo hate me now, which is to be expected.

all I have that's keeping me sane is Wilbur.

I watch as he paces around our shared bedroom, muttering what we should do.

"if we agree with Tehcno, that first battle was all for not! but if we don't, we can possibly have Techno turn against us!"

"I know babe, but if we do agree we can also restart and not hurt anyone! we can maybe talk things out to grow Las Nevadas. maybe use Dream as leverage. what if we bargan instead of fight?" I try and come up with a new plan.

I've seen how power effects people. Dream, Jshlatt, even Wilbur. I've seen how it changes people. I don't want anyone to feel how I felt but I need power to do that.

I feel conflicted.

Wil sighs dramatically and tosses himself onto the bed. he scrambles a little and puts his head in my lap. I sigh, a little less dramatic than Wil.

I run my fingers through his hair as he hums.

"I don't want to hurt anyone... I just want Las Nevadas to be strong. I want it to live on forever, to be my legacy. but I don't want it to be through war..."

Wils grip tightens on me. I play with the white streak in his hair, wondering how different things would be if we didn't choose blood.

I feel my eyes water at the situation. I thought I could handle it, I really did.

I thought that Tommy and Tubbo hating me would be fine.

I thought seeing Sapnap would be fine.

I thought working with Dream would be fine.

it's not!

the dam in my eyes finally breaks and tears stroll down my face. some drop onto Wils cheeks as I cry. he gives me a look of concern as he reaches out his hand to cup my cheek.

I lean into the touch, trying to catch my bearings.

"it's okay, darling."

"I-I thought I could-" my breathing quickens.

"I know, it's okay."

"no! no its not!" as I cry harder, Wil sits up and engulfs me into a hug. he sways us back and forth and my hands grip his coat.

"I-I don't want to- to do this! not a-anymore! W-Wil... I'm sorry! I can't! I-I-" I sob and stutter. Wil nods and gives me whispers of reassurance. he places little kisses all over my face which help a little.

after what felt like a eternity, I finally calm down enough to talk.

"I just... thought this was the way... but now... now its getting to me and I don't think this is the way anymore..." I grip Wilburs hands and hide in the crook of his neck.

he pecks my forehead before speaking up again. "where ever you go, I'll follow."

I didn't expect him to say that in all honesty. I thought he would've argued. he seems to have sensed my confusion, so he explains.

"Quackity, I don't know how you did it, but you've made it so I cannot live without you. you are my new sunrise. without you, there is no music in life. I'd follow behind you into hell if you wanted me to. anything for you, my love."