Chapter 29

(even if not accurate to a trial, bare with me!)
Quackitys POV
my ears ring as my vision goes black.

I don't remember what happened.

all I remember is being in shock then hearing explosives. I don't remember why I was in shock though.

my thoughts scramble around in my head but none of them are coherent. I can't think. I'm limp.

I hear nothing but the ringing. see nothing but the darkness. I feel nothing except the pain in my back.

--------------------------------------------
I wake up with a gasp as water is splashed onto my face. I cough heavily, trying to be rid of the dirt in my lungs.

I look around and see Sam, Sapnap, and BadBoyHalo.

I look next to me and see Wilbur is chained to a pole, I realize then I'm in the same situation.

I struggle to get out but my efforts are fruitless. my back aches everytime I move, so I give up.

"Whats going on?" I practically yell.

"your trial. we already have had Dreams, was easy enough. you two on the other hand may have a chance. probably not, though." Sam explained.

Wilbur spits at him and gives him the scariest "I'm gonna kill you" face I've ever seen.

"you lay a finger on him and I'll-" my lover begins to threaten.

"oh no no no! I'd never hurt Dream! it was never my idea to torture him! that was Quackitys! which was a lie." Sam glares at me. "let's get this trial started then.."

"I meant Quackity..." Wil says in a low voice as Sam turns around. Sam turns his head back and smirks.

"let the trial begin."

--------------------------------------------
about two hours later, Wilbur and I are tied infront of the prison on a just-built stage. there's a judge seat, a witness seat, and then us behind.

Sam takes his place at the judges spot, and I know this trial would be hard to win.

"do we get lawyers? come on we should at least have one-"

"you have yourself." Sam interrupts me.

Members of the SMP gather for our trial and then... it begins.

"Let's not waste time here. today's trial is for Alex Quackity and Wilbur Soot for crimes against the prison, Kinoko Kingdom, and the entire SMP!" Sam takes a moment to look at the crowd. "I call up the first witness. Tommyinnit."

Tommy anxiously walks up the stage, looking at me with sad and angry eyes as he takes his place at the witness stand.

"whats your claim?"

"... Quackity and Wilbur are both guilty. both have lied multiple times to me. they have lied about their relationship to eachother, where their morals lie, and more that I'm sure I don't know about.."

I look to Tommy, guilt swirling in his gut. I wish he knew part of this was also to protect him.

"state your evidence." Sam commands.

"W-when I joined Las Nevadas... I found the two of them.. t-together.. u-uh but prior to seeing them they had claims of hating one another."

I think back to when we pretended. how every morning Wil got up to run across Las Nevadas. I remember that stupid van and the restaurant competition.

there wasn't any way to hide these claims, there was too many witnesses and everyone just accepted we "hated" eachother.

"is that all you claim?"