5

minsoo and the rest of the jeon household was startled upon the arrival of the taekook couple back at the residence. they were informed that the two wouldn't be back til late this evening.

they already know that something might have happened as soon as their eyes landed on the brunette in jungkook's arms.

the staff who were at the kitchen immediately scurried away as the couple walked in knowing they would want their privacy.

jungkook settled the brunette on the counter top who had his head hung low, soft sniffles being heard.

he opened the fridge and poured him a glass of water, letting the younger drink before pressing a comforting kiss on the younger's forehead.

he settled down the glass before standing inbetween the brunette's legs and wraps him in his arms.

far from the strong front he had in confronting mister shin earlier, taehyung had cried all the way through their car ride back home.

"i'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself, my love..." jungkook whispers as he gently brushed the younger's cheeks with his thumb, damp from tears.

this made for a small smile to appear in the brunette's lips who then snuggled against the crook of his neck.

a comfortable silence passed in between them before jungkook was suddenly engulfed with guilt.

he couldn't help but blame himself with what happened. he was literally there, just a few steps away and he wasn't able to prevent his husband from being harrased with one of the people he trusts, someone he works with.

"i'm sorry..." jungkook mumbled, voice small. jaw clenched, hands on the brunette's waist tightening.

taehyung was suddenly alert, pulling away from the older's embrace to look at his husband and immediately shakes his head.

he gently cupped jungkook's cheeks to look at him, gentle hazel eyes gazing at the older's own before leaning in and pressing their lips together.

the gesture was enough for jungkook's tense body to immediately calm down, eyes fluttering close as he let the brunette kiss him. worries momentarily drifting off his mind as he focused on his husband's reassuring kiss.

taehyung soon pulled away not before giving another peck on the corner of the older's parted lips before starring back up at him with a warm smile.

"don't apologize, my jungkookie. you didn't do anything wrong..." he murmurs, breath mingling with the other as he gently pressed their forehead. his fingers threading soothingly at the tip of the dominant male's blonde locks. "if anything, i'm thankful you were there with me..."

jungkook didn't know how the table had suddenly turned as it seems that the younger was the one comforting him now but he wasn't complaining at all as taehyung was now showering him with soft and gentle kisses.

"i love you" the dominant male mumbled as it was now his turn to snuggle in the crook of the brunette's neck, landing a soft kiss on his exposed skin.

the brunette smiles as the older snuggled against him. "i love you..." he replied as his fingers gently tugged on the older's blonde hair and tilting his head to give him more access feeling him trailing a few open mouthed kisses.

jungkook smiles as he rests his head on the brunette's shoulder. "should we head upstairs? let minsoo and the others finish cooking?" he asked with a chuckle just noticing the array of veggies and other ingredients left on the counter top as the staff left hurriedly when they walked in.

the younger only hummed, clinging to the dominant who laughed knowing what he already wanted.

"hold on to me, baby" jungkook says as he snaked his hands underneath the brunette's bum and lifts him off the counter top.