8

"how was work?" taehyung asked as soon as the two of them were alone in the elevator heading down to the building's basement parking.

jungkook had their fingers intertwined as they walked. "a bit of stressful day for me" he honestly replied with a chuckle, making the brunette give his hand a light comforting squeeze.

"i'm sorry, i'm sure what happened with mr shin created a a problem with you and the board" the younger soon mumbled making the blonde male halt in his tracks with a frown as he turned to him.

"baby, you've got nothing to apologize or feel guilty about" jungkook sternly says. "what he did... it's unforgivable." the dominant lowly adds that only made taehyung to nod his head. the seething anger was still evident in jungkook's face. "any problem that comes after is his own doing."

their talk was cut short when jungkook's phone rang, jiyeon's name appearing in the caller id.

the young ceo already knows something was up as he had already instructed jiyeon not to call him unless it was important as he will be spending the rest of the day with taehyung.

"go ahead" the brunette mumbled seeing jungkook sighing, starring at his phone.

"jiyeon, is there something wrong?" jungkook asks as soon as he answered, opening the car door for taehyung who muttered a small 'thank you'.

the brunette watched his husband stood outside the car, face in a constant displeased expression as he continued speaking with jiyeon.

"what do you mean they're all there? didn't i say to reschedule the board meeting tomorrow?" jungkook says as he sat on the driver seat, his call connecting to the car making taehyung to hear jiyeon aswell.

"yes, i had it rescheduled but it wasn't me who called them mister jeon, it was the old chairman's secretary." jiyeon explains. "he's here aswell, your father is here mister jeon."

taehyung glanced at jungkook, suprised hearing this. "appa hyunbin?" the said man was supposed to be in london.

the blonde male's lips were on a thin line. it's been awhile since his father had personally visited the company and with him suddenly appearing, unannounced is definitely not a good sign.

although, at the mention of another name jungkook already knew what the sudden visit was all about.

"mister shin is also here" jiyeon says.

this made taehyung to anxiously look at jungkook again, suddenly feeling uneasy just by hearing the man's name.

the blonde male was quick to comfort his husband as he intertwined their fingers. "don't worry, i won't let him near you ever again." he softly mumbled.

"alright, we'll be heading over" jungkook then says to jiyeon before ending the call.

*

the car ride to the jeon corporation was quiet, the dominant male occasionally giving a series of comforting soft pecks to at the back of the brunette's hand that was intertwined with his along with a reassuring smile.

the taekook couple already felt the tension in the atmosphere as soon as they had step foot inside the building and meeting up with his secretary, jiyeon.

"good evening, mister jeon, young master taehyung" jiyeon greets the two, the rest of the personnel present in the ground floor of the building halting and making a respectful bow towards their ceo and his husband.

jungkook scans the area and sure enough spots some of his father's security team and the police. there were already less employees which he preferred to not cause anymore unnecessary commotions.