32

all the people present in the meeting room were startled when the ceo abruptly stands, face in obvious annoyance. the person presenting halting and went cold thinking he might've made a mistake in his presentation.

"jiyeon will continue to facilitate this meeting" jungkook says turning to his secretary who was confused but nonetheless nods.

they were just having one of their monthly small meetings with the department heads regarding concerns and monitoring progress so it was something that can easily be relayed to the ceo later. "and have the slides emailed to me later. i have an urgent matter i need to attend to."

all the employees present stood up as they made a bow to the ceo who exits the meeting room without saying another word to them and only gestures for sunoo to follow him.

the younger secretary trailed behind the ceo with his teary eyes as he always gets nervous whenever he was seperated with jiyeon.

"have the private meeting room ready and tell jiyeon to join us after, tell her to just enter the room. i don't want anyone disturbing us in the meeting. you can return to your desk when you're done" jungkook instructs as he walked and inside the lift leaving sunoo nodding as he gave the older a bow with the elevator doors closing.

"prepare private room, tell jiyeonie-noona to follow and no disturbing them. got it" sunoo murmurs to himself as he made his own way to have the room ready.

*

"that was rather quick. i've been trying to set up an appointment with you through your secretary but i guess i should've met up with my dear taehyung instead to be able to talk to you"

"my love, are you alright?" jungkook's attention was on the brunette as he sat beside him and giving him a soft kiss on the forehead.

the madam only scoffs as she took a sip of her coffee. "calm down, mister jeon. i'm not a violent person, taehyung himself could testify to that. right, doll?" she says, eyes on the brunette who obviously was looking uneasy since they sat at the café, his cup of tea untouched. "plus, i'm not stupid to do anything to your husband in your building." she added, noticing how all the employees recognized and gave a small respectful bow towards the brunette.

she also noticed the three bodyguards from a distance keeping an eye on them.

"we'll talk somewhere else private" jungkook spoke again as he took a hold of taehyung's hand and stood.

"of course" madam jennie smiles as she also stood and follows the couple.

the ride up to the ceo's floor was quiet, jungkook had his arm wrapped around the younger's waist while taehyung remained quiet beside him.

jungkook didn't know if it was taehyung feeling overwhelmed, uneasy or the madam had said anything to him.

the doors soon opened with a 'ding', sunoo meeting them with a smile but felt a bit awkward feeling the tension.

"the meeting room is ready, mister jeon" sunoo informs with jungkook giving him a small nod.

"thank you" taehyung speaks giving the younger a smile before they walked ahead.

sunoo remained in his spot as they passed, eyes on the couple's companion seeing her for the first time. he assumes she's someone important as the couple were meeting with her privately.

"oh, you're quite eye catching. you'd make a pretty doll" madam jennie comments with sunoo confused and startled realizing that the woman was talking to him.

"um, i - " sunoo got more alarmed when taehyung was suddenly infront of him, as if shielding him.

"don't talk to him, i'm warning you" taehyung growls, eyes filled with rage as he stares at the madam who only looked at him with her brows raised, amused.