43

how many years has it been?

seventeen? twenty? he wasn't sure.

but now standing just a few feet away from her, it feels as if it was just yesterday that he had last saw her.

everything came flashing back in his mind - that night.

that night she left him.

flashback—

little taehyung was lying on the bed, flat on his stomach quietly watching his mother seemingly fixing their clothes.

but after awhile, he had realized his mother was putting away her clothes in a small bag. his clothes still neatly folded in the closet.

he actually had noticed it for a few days now but it seems his mother's clothes were slowly disappearing or probably it was still in the laundry.

"mama, are we going somewhere?" he curiously asked, eyes then turning sparkly in excitement at the thought.

"do you know where your snacks are, taetae?" his mother instead asks, the little boy eagerly nodding his head as he sat up before plopping down off the bed and pulled out a small box containing a sweets and snacks. the box still quite full as his mother had just bought a few more treats just the night before, surprising the little boy.

"all in here" taehyung exclaimed with a soft giggle.

"then do you know where all your clothes are and how to fold them?"

the little boy nods with a wide smile. "silly, mama, taetae knows. you thought me" he says before lunging at his mother, arms wrapping around her leg.

"such a good boy, aren't you, my taetae?" the older ruffles his hair. "always be a good boy so -"

"so the madam won't scold me" taehyung rambled on, the line already stuck in his head. "and if i need help, ask noonas and hyungies to help me"

"right, such a good boy" the woman exclaimed, lifting taehyung in his arms and pressed a kiss on his cheek. the boy smiling widely loving the affection.

taehyung snuggled in the crook of his mother's neck, small arms clinging on to her as he rests his head on her shoulders.

"you like living here, right, taetae?"

the little boy hums as he pulled back to look at his mother again. "i do, i have mama, jinwoo-hyung, noonas and hyungies~ mister bang too, he always give me snacks" he giggled. "the madam takes care of us too since you said she lets me stay here... but she just doesn't smile often" he rambled, face lightly scrunching.

the woman hums before putting down the little boy and taking her bag. "come, taetae. we'll be meeting with the madam" she says, taking a hold of the little boy's hand as they walked out of their bedroom.

taehyung was quiet the whole time as his mother, the madam jennie and mister bang were talking in the lobby at the counter.

he couldn't understand the whole conversation but he did see his mother signing papers, mister bang asking if she was sure of her decision - his mother nodding.

"a bit cruel to have him see you off like this" the madam comments handing the folder to mister bang, eyeing down taehyung who was standing by his mother's leg, small hand clutched on her skirt.