Chapter 1

4 privet drive

one week before her 17th birthday

She woke up in her small bedroom, holding back a scream from her nightmare. The same nightmare she had been having since she watched Cedric's death. A few hours later instead of hearing her aunt yelling she hears a gentle tapping on the window. Looking over she sees an owl. She walks over and lets it in. offering it a treat as she takes the letter. Watching it fly off afterward.

She looks down at the letter recognizing the seal as a Gringotts seal, she looks at it confused before opening it. Catching the coin that falls out as she opens it. Putting it on her small dresser.

Heir Potter

Hopefully this finds you well,

We wish to discuss with you about your upcoming ladyship title and the goings on of your banks as previously mentioned in the other letters. Mostly we wish to discuss with you the suspicious goings on in your banks the previous years. Please come as soon as you can, as we are aware you cannot use magic yet we have provided you a portkey in the shape of a coin. The password is 'Money'.

sincerely

Bronze Guardian

She looks at it confused and considers it being a ploy or a trap from Voldemort. Deciding to take her chances to get to the bottom of this or maybe just beyond done of just being used and tossed to the side she got up and packed all her stuff up and got dressed. Checking the time 6:21am she decided to risk it and snuck downstairs and grabbed her wizarding supplies. Putting everything into her extension charmed backpack, deciding that if nothing else she could stay at the leaky cauldron till she turned 17 and could probably stay with Sirius or get an apartment in the magical world.

She grabs the coin in her hand happily. "Money" she says feeling the familiar pull and squeeze of the magical transportation known as port keying and remembers why she hates it so much but it was convenient. She suddenly felt herself hit the floor, her eyes squeezed shut as she holds back a yelp from landing on her injured leg so abruptly. She curses at herself; she normally hides it so much better.

Opening her eyes as she looks around she realises she is in a very posh office. Hearing someone cough she looks up at a goblin, she assumes is Bronze guardian who sent her the letter. "Are you going to sit there and stare all day or are you ready to talk business?" He asks her, looking indifferent as she gets up, trying not to show struggle or pain as he watches her with critical judging eyes.

She moves to the chair but doesn't sit down, a little to nervous in this unknown situation to do so. "Well I'm here to ask what you mean about suspicious activities and heirships and ladyships." She says to him and if it was anyone else they would have heard confidence but Bronze heard her nervousness and saw her movements and was concerned.

He looked at her slightly confused, being able to tell she isn't lying but worried about what that could mean, how does she not know the basics about what is going on. She is an heir soon to be Lady after all. He sighs, this will be a long explanation. " Well we can get into heirships and ladyships better later, first we should get into that suspicious activity but obviously we must confirm your identity before doing that so..."

She nods her head slightly in agreement as she watches him getting out a bowl, knife, a potion and some parchment. She looks at him unsure as he nods at her as if to go ahead. "What exactly am I supposed to do?" she asks in confusion as he gets shocked. Even muggleborns her age should know this.

"Right, well first you should sit down, it will makes this process much easier." He says waiting for her to sit down which she does, a brief flash of relief going over her face. This confirms his suspicions that she is injured. "Good now first you pour the potion into the bowl, then you cut your hand and allow seven drops of blood to flow into the bowl then you pour it on the parchment and wait." He says to her, watching her follow his instructions.