Chapter 45

Stark Tower, New York

She walked out of the bathroom in some flats with her outfit

She walked out of the bathroom in some flats with her outfit. Natasha looked at her before her eyes widened in confusion. "Harriet or um Violet?" She asked, questioningly. Harriet looked at her slightly embarrassed as she rubs her hands together nervously. "Either is fine but yeah that's me. How do I look?" Harriet said as she looked at her.

Natasha Smiled slightly at her, seeing her nervous state. "You look amazing, I feel so underdressed now." Natasha says to her, grabbing her hand so she doesn't disappear and leads her to the kitchen where the others are waiting.

They join the other three at the table; Loki, Thor, Tony. They looked up as the girls entered most of them except Loki confused. Loki smirked a little as Tony looked flabbergasted, "So you're the ally in blue?" He asked her with a gobsmacked expression, she just giggled as they looked at her in slight awe at her cuteness. "Yeah, that's me." She said to them, rubbing her hands together, slightly anxious about what they thought about her.

It was at this moment Clint walked in with several pizza boxes. He walks over and puts them on the table before looking at Harriet and jumping slightly. "What.. I..umm.. I.. who.." Clint stumbled out as Natasha held back a little laugh. "Ah yes so intelligent. Clint this is Harriet, remember?" She said with a small smirk as Clint gets embarrassed and confused.

"All right, Lets just eat now." Tony said happily as he set up the plates and pizza boxes. There was way more food than they could possibly eat. He opened all the boxes and looked at Harriet. "So hey, which one do you want?" He asked her. She looked at embarrassed, "Oh I don't mind, you can pick first. I'm not fussy." Harriet says.

Loki gives her a curious look and then she feels someone knocking on her mental barriers. She sighed, closing her eyes as she let her barrier down. 'Just pick first, he is stubborn and just wants to please you. He is a little insure about not being enough for his soulmates.' Loki thought towards her. She gave a small wince. 'Sorry I didn't realise that. I have a few problems with food, especially taking food first or eating first.' Harriet thought back to Loki.

Loki looked confused, then concerned and then tries to inch slightly more into her mind. She sighed not wanting to hide anything from her soulmates anyway. 'Go ahead, look to your hearts content but please don't ask me about it or mention it around me.' She thought to him. He looked surprised at her openness. 'Are you sure?' Loki thinks to her, she just nods as he goes deeper into her mind.

She comes out of her mind, looking at the others trying to get her and Loki's attention. "OMG are you alright?" Clint asked noticing her looking between them. "Yeah sorry we were just having a private conversation." Harriet mutters quietly. "Loki still isn't responding! What's going on with him Lady Harriet?" Thor asked as he turned Harriet.

"He is watching my memories right now and he is going to regret it. He will be a while so, Pizza anyone?" She says holding a pizza box up as they all start grabbing some and eating it all up happily and enjoying themselves with gentle banter. They start asking some intrusive questions, starting small and slowly increasing how intrusive the questions were, as if testing her limits.

"So where did you go to school?" Tony asked, "Oh a private school in Scotland, what about you?" Harriet replied. "Phillips Academy in Andover." Tony replied. "So you grew up in the Scotland?" Clint asked. "No I grew up in the UK near London, I went to Scotland to the private school cause my birth parents went there. Family you know." Harriet responded as he just nodded a little.

Harriet just kept eating happily as they asked her questions. "So do you still live in the UK?" Natasha asked, curious. "Nah I left as soon as I could. I live just outside of New York." Harriet said with a small smile. "Oh any particular reasons you left?" Tony asked, curiously. "Family issues." Harriet said shortly. They decided to leave that topic alone after that.

"What's your favourite food?" Clint asked innocently. Harriet had a thinking face for a bit before deciding. "Treacle tart I think. What's yours?" Harriet responded. "Ohh Pizza for sure." He responded with a smile. "Well mine is Sharwarma." Tony said with a smirk. Harriet only looks confused. "What is that?" Harriet asked as Tony looked offended and Natasha laughed at his face. "We are having Sharwarmas together soon, it is unacceptable that you don't know what they are." Tony said with a slight pout.

It was at this point that Loki started crying, distracting the conversation. He was still in her mind but the memories were affecting him enough that his emotions were leaking out. Harriet finished eating as Thor held Loki to him comforting him. Natasha, Clint and Tony were looking between Harriet and Loki concerned. "What is he seeing right now?" Natasha asked cautiously. "One sec..." Harriet said, going into her mind.

She searched around for where Loki is. She found him watching her being bullied at school and then abused at home as adults kept blaming it all on her and her being a troublemaker. She sighed coming over to him, grabbing his arm to lead him out. 'You can see the rest later, I think this is enough for you for now. It doesn't get any better.' She thought to him as he allowed her to lead him out.

They both came out at the same time. As soon as the others see him come out they start firing questions out at him. He looked over at her, both of them uncomfortable. Harriet checked the time. It was late thankfully. "I think I should head home now." Harriet said, nervously as the others turned to her. Tony just smiles, "Oh it's alright you can stay here for the night, we have plenty of room. Plus you haven't got to talk to Bruce or Steve yet." He said almost triumphantly.

Harriet rubbed her hands together, "Sorry but I have to go home but ah here. This is my phone number. Call me if you need me." She said, giving him her phone number and saying goodbye to them as they didn't push her to stay anymore. Giving them hugs and goodbye's as she took the lift down, exited through the main entrance walked down into an alley and Apparated home for the night. Taking her meds before quickly getting changed and heading straight to bed exhausted.