Chapter 46

Time skip

UK, London, Ministry of magic

Sirius Blacks trial was the biggest topic in the Magical Britain since Harriet's letter. Though it was noted that his innocence would have never been checked if it wasn't for Harriet's letter. The morning of the trial Remus and Sirius headed into the ministry of magic together. As he checked in he was handed his original wand after it was checked.

He was in the waiting room as the trial was set up when Harriet walked in disguised with Red hair and Blue eyes and no scar. He recognized her core though and while he frowned at her for not listening. His lips moved into a smile at the moral support her being there gave him. "What are you doing here?" Sirius asked though tried not to draw too much attention towards her.

"Well moral support and Madame bones wants to talk to me about Dumbledore's trial so I have to be here anyway so what better time?" Harriet says as Remus facepalms at the other two for not being quiet enough. Sirius pulled Harriet into a hug. It was obvious he was nervous and scared even though he knew he was innocent.

A little while later some guards came and led the trio into the trial room. Harriet and Remus sat on the side-lines on the inside as Sirius was led to the chair in the centre and strapped in so he couldn't move. Madame Bones was running the trial, she called the meeting to order as Harriet looked around at all the purebloods in the jury. Then she sensed it and her eyes were drawn to a face she recognized but older. Tom Riddle. Though he did still have his ruby eyes.

He stared at her two obviously knowing who she was too, he winked at her as she held back a laugh at Lord Malfoys confused face. As Madame Bones started the trial she went over the boring past and everything he was accused off. Then the interesting bit, "So how do you plead?" Madame bones asks with a slight smirk already knowing his answer. "Not guilty." Sirius said blankly. "Do you submit to taking Veritaserum?" She asks him.

He looks sceptical but nods, "I agree to it as long as you only ask necessary questions." He says to the hall. She agrees and he drinks the whole potion but was still nervous. She starts her questions going over all of them as he answers honestly putting the hall in shock. 'Are you a death eater?' 'No.' 'Were you a secret keeper?' 'No.' 'Did you kill any muggles?' 'no.' She asked a few other questions before finishing and giving Sirius the antidote.

He was given a lot of gold in apology and articles were wrote about him and his innocence. After that Harriet wishes the two of them luck giving them hugs before they leave. She starts to head to Madame Bones office when she is cornered. Tom Riddle, Lucius Malfoy, Theodore Nott corner her in a private corridor, no one else was there. "I'm so glad you came Harriet." Tom says to her as she looks a little nervous but lets her features shift back to normal as Malfoy and Nott look at her in shock obviously unaware of her abilities.

"I came to give my statement to Madame Bones for Dumbledore's trial. I told you I have no wish to fight you." Harriet says nervously as she attempts to back away a little more. "Oh it is nothing like that, we just wished to invite you to dinner after your meeting with Madame Bones." Lucius Malfoy says to her seeing her nervous frame. "Are you going to try to poison me at dinner?" She asked confused. "What? No of course not. I told you I have no will to kill you and doing so would only hurt me with you being my horcrux and all." Tom said to her honestly as she was still unsure.

"Ok I agree but only if you wait for me outside the office." Harriet said nervously unsure if she even wanted it at all. "Deal!" Tom said with a smirk as Harriet was already regretting her decision as she walked down still looking like Harriet as they got closer Malfoy tapped her shoulder as she looked over confused. He indicated her face as she blushed before shifting her features back to no scar, blue eyes, red hair.

She reached Madame bones office as they group waited outside. She knocked on the door and waited. "Come in!" Amelia Bones calls out. Harriet headed inside, Amelia looked up at her confused. "Yes?" She asked confused. "You asked for my statement, remember?" Harriet asked shifting her features back.

Amelia Bones looks at her in shock before quickly composing herself. "Yes! Yes, we have a lot to talk about. Please sit down." Amelia says to her indicating the seat in front of her as Harriet sat down in front of her.