Chapter 52

UK, London, Malfoy Manor

The silence of the dining room in Malfoy manor was strange. It was unusual and made everyone slightly uncomfortable. Bellatrix and Narcissa were staring at each other conflicted. Theodore and Lucius just looked at her sympathetically. Tom on the other hand seemed to look slightly jealous and annoyed while Harriet just ate slightly awkwardly. Draco just had his mouth open in shock.

"You've met 6 so how many do you actually have?" Tom asked her with a malicious glint in his eyes. Harriet looked up at him, everyone looking at her curious and wanting answers. "About that... Ummmm I actually have 12..." She says with a bright blush on her face. "Isn't that impossible.." Lucius muttered. Narcissa glared at him. "Its not up to us to judge. There is obviously a reason." She says shutting him up.

After that they ate in relative silence other than some quite chattering. Tom then led her up to his study where he decided to led her some of his books to help her develop her skills after teaching her some mind skills and how to defend her mind better. It was at this point she realised he really didn't want her dead.

"So any other spells your interested in?" He asked her. Harriet looked at him curiously, deciding to trust him. "Do you know any spells for getting metal shrapnel out of a human body?" She asks him. He looks at her confused. "Let me have a look." He says looking back at his bookshelf, scanning it over quickly and pulling out two more books for her.

"Medicine spells for beginners is a good start but this one will have better more accurate spells. Spellful Surgery." He says handing her both the books. "I would ask why but I doubt you would tell me." He says, she stays silent confirming his theory as he nods to himself as she places all the books he gave her into her expandable bag.

As they left heading back into the living room area Harriet finally has a chance to talk to Draco. "I'm so sorry for my behaviour before. I hope we can still be friends?" She says offering her hand to him, reminding them of their second meeting all over again. "I'd love to be friends and I'm so sorry for my behaviour as well." Draco says as he shakes her hand. They smile at each other and then chat for a while.

Time passed quickly and it was getting late. Harriet stood up to leave, intending to use her portkey but Tom stopped her. "You can't go yet. Remember Narcissa was going to fix your rib for you. Just stay the night. We can do it tomorrow as long as it's healed well your welcome to leave in the morning." He says to her, she looks uncomfortable and glances over at Narcissa who gives her a kind smile.

She sighs giving a nod in resignation. Tom smirks in accomplishment. Draco offers her to show her the spare room which she agrees to. He leaves her inside as she changes into some comfy two-piece pj's. She does her bed routine when a knock is heard on her door. She goes over and opens the door, seeing Narcissa she lets her in.

"OK I have some potions I need you to take." Narcissa starts as she hands her the potions. As Harriet takes them without question, she lets out a small smile that she trusts her. "Now I need you to lie back on your bed, this is going to hurt and you are going to feel sore for a few days..." She says trailing off as Harriet responds. "It's alright I know and I can handle it." She says laying back on the bed and pulling the top up, giving Narcissa a kind smile.

Narcissa nods and starts by rebreaking her ribs with a few careful spells. Checking on Harriet as she made no noise, seeing just a slight wince she realized just how bad her relatives are. She then makes sure they are no lose bone fragments as she relines her ribs to heal correctly. Then a few spells to speed up the healing process.

She looks down to give Harriet some advice and to make sure she is alright only to see her dead asleep. She was in shock but just quietly left the room and informed Tom of everything she had learnt. Though was forced to leave the room feeling his furious aura. There was hell to pay for harming His horcrux.

(What do you think? She will be back with the Avengers soon.)