Chapter 24

Shield base

Bruce and Natasha arrived at the base. Natasha was excited to introduce Bruce to Tony not that she showed it. Being professional as she was at work. She couldn't wait to see his reaction even though Bruce already knew.

They left the chopper and someone came over to escort Bruce inside, regretfully she let them heading over to Phil and Steve to bring them inside. "Agent Romanoff" Phil greets her, "This is Captain Rodgers." He says although she already knew but knew it was only polite to nod in acknowledgement. "Ma'am" he greets her, her eyes widen as her wrist stings in a familiar way. Feeling the words change as she keeps a straight face.

"Hi," She says towards him as his eyes widen as he looks at her in surprise. She looks back towards Phil, "They need you on the bridge and Fury wanted to talk to your about your new friendly. I'll look after him." She says to Phil. He nods at her and Steve before heading off, leaving him with her.

She turns back to him, "There was quite a buzz around here, finding you in the ice." She says, watching him trying to compose himself. "I thought Coulson was going to swoon when he found out." She laughs a little as he smiled at her.

"Has he asked you to sign his limited-edition Captain America trading cards yet?" She asks, a smirk on her lips. He looked at her confused, "Trading cards?" He asks. "Their Vintage, he is very proud." She tells him as they slowly approach where Bruce is. Natasha smirks a little, knowing he has no idea this is coming.

She watches as Steve sees him, "Doctor Banner." He calls to him. She watches his face contort in shock as he grabs his wrist on instinct. She tries not to give anything away as Steve looks at her. "Hi, they told you would be coming." Bruce says a little nervous as Steve looks shocked and rubs his wrist as Steve looks shocked and turns back to Natasha.

Steve quickly composes himself, obviously uncomfortable. He clearly doesn't want to combine work and relationships. "Word is you can find the cube." Steve says as he looks at Bruce. "Is that the only word on me." Bruce asks unsure. Obviously not sure he wants an honest answer. "Only word I care about right now." Steve says to him as they nod at each other.

She quickly brings them inside as they start going into the air as they both look amazed and impressed. She watches them once they are inside. She smirks enjoying how shocked Steve gets at everything while Bruce starts mumbling at how impressive the whole ship is. Luckily it helped his nerves as he is distracted.

As they get to the main deck Fury approaches them. "Gentleman, Agent Romanoff. I believe Stark is waiting for you in the Lab Doctor Banner. Captain Rodgers can you go with them." He says to them. Natasha gives Bruce's shoulder a reassuring squeeze as she leads them over there.

 They got inside and listened as Tony went on about the science of the cube but once looking at there confused faces, he looks at them confused, though not talking to any of them in particular. "Am I the only one that did the reading." He sighs as he shacks his head before turning to Doctor Banner. "It's so good to meet you Doctor Banner, your work is unparalleled. I'm also a huge fan of how you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Tony says as Natasha sighs, just knowing he would say something like that.

She saw Bruce look embarrassed but not surprised as he looks at Tony, having seen his name on her wrist. "Thanks?" He says unsure how to feel as Tony looks between him and Natasha shocked. He then looks at Steve curious. "Captain?" he says, nodding at him as Steve looks at him shocked. "Mr Stark?" he replies as Tony looks at him slightly uncomfortable. "That's my fathers title, just call me Tony." Tony says. "Then you can call me Steve." He responds. "Bruce is fine for me." Bruce tells him. "Natasha is good for me.". She says as they all just look at each other.

Suddenly an alarm blares and they all rush out to the main deck. A face match has been found in Germany. They suit up and head out on a chopper like a full team. Germany here they come.

The game has begun. 

(What do you think of this so far? any suggestions?)